This week, The Paper Player's Challenge #148 has the theme of summer holidays, and I thought back to this song, Summertime. The lyrics go something like:
Summertime and the livin' is easy.
Fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high!
Your daddy's rich and your ma is good lookin',
So hush little baby, don't you cry!
And I remember hikes in the hill meadows, during those long lazy days. So I got out a new stamp set, Wildflower Meadow and the embossing folder that it's bundled with in the new catalogue:
The colour blue green also makes me think of summer, growing up near Okanagan lake and spending summer days at the beach swimming in the aqua water and lying on the golden beaches.
- I used Smoky Slate as my card base and then paired Pool Party with Coastal Cabana for the monochromatic effect.
- I stamped the image first on Pool Party with the Wildflower Meadow stamp and Pool Party ink.
- I carefully lined up the image with embossing pattern in the Wildflower Meadow Embossing Folder and ran it through the Big Shot.
- I added some glue using the Two-Way Glue Pen to the edges of the embossed sections and then sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter and shook off the excess to leave this glittery design.
- I used this method to tie a beautiful bow in the Pool Party Seam Binding ribbon
- The sentiment is from Create a Cupcake stamp set.
What says "Summertime" to you?
Stamps: Wildflower Meadow (w129165; c129168); Create a Cupcake (w128520; c121982)
Paper: Smoky Slate (131202), Coastal Cabana (131297) and Pool Party (122924) cardstock
Ink: Classic Stampin' Pad in Pool Party (126982) and Smoky Slate (131179)
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (102023); Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon (125582).
Tools: Wildflower Meadow Embossing Folder (129376); Two Way Glue Pen (100425)
Wildflower Meadow Bundle