But how cool would it be if she had the baby on her nephew's first birthday?? Mind you, that would mean have a continual conflict about which birthday party to attend, but I'm sure we could work out alternating schedules!
The interesting thing is that Kesten was born on my great-nephew's first birthday as well! June 25th is a popular date in our family.
But in anticipation of the birth to happen soon, I made a card for them and I used the MOJO Monday Challenge #299 sketch. It is Circle or Square week, which I just LOVE! (Not!) But I gave it a shot anyway! Here's the sketch:
I chose square so I could use my new Square Collection Framelits. Here's my card:
- The nautical theme is because that's how they're decorating the nursery and I will be making some crib bedding with these colours: Night of Navy and Daffodil Delight. The Real Red gives it a little extra pop!
- I used the new Zoo Babies stamp set for that little toucan. Isn't it adorable?
- The sentiment is from the new Cuddles and Kisses stamp set and the anchor is from The Open Sea.
- I made extensive use of the paper from the Designer Series Paper Stacks Brights Collection, choosing the polka dot pattern in Daffodil Delight and two patterns in Read Red.
- Note the white button! It's made from Simply Pressed Clay in the Button Clay Mold. That stuff is so much fun to play with!!
- The Square Framelits worked wonders when cutting out the card base. I scored and folded a 5 1/2 x 11" piece of Night of Navy cardstock at 4 1/4" and cut that out with the framelit extending a bit beyond the fold so it wouldn't be cut. I cut out another square if Night of Navy using the same framelit, then adhered them together.
- I used the Circle Framelits for the "anchor" panel and it's matte. The framelits make it soooo easy.
Well, I hope my post tomorrow will have some news for you! But Baby will come when Baby is good and ready! Thanks for reading!
Stamps: The Open Sea (w128454; c123032); Zoo Babies (w130453; c130456); Cuddles and Kisses (w131913; c127314)
Paper: Designer Series Paper Stacks Brights Collection (130134); Night of Navy (100867) and Whisper White (100730) cardstock
Ink: Classic Stampin' Pads in Night of Navy (126970) and Real Red (126949)
Accessories: 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon in Night of Navy (126874); Simply Pressed Clay button (130685); Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine (123125)
Tools: Simply Pressed Clay Molds (131272), Circles Collection Framelits (130911); Squares Collection Framelits (130921)
The Open Sea Stamp Set
Cuddles and Kisses Stamp Set
Zoo Babies Stamp Set
Circles Collection Framelits
Squares Collection Framelits
1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon in Night of Navy
Cherry Cobbler Bakers' Twine
Simply Pressed Clay and Molds