I'll show you what I mean:
I created this card for The Paper Player's Challenge #156
- Look at the texture of the wood chevron stamp that's part of the Truly Grateful stamp set. I added even more texture to it by using the tapping or thumping technique. I inked the stamp up in Baked Brown Sugar and then, using my Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker just tapped the stamp here and there all over. The result is a little hard to see here but it added another shade of brown which added more texture.
- You can see more of the same burlap ribbon I used here at the bottom of the wood chevron panel, which adds even more texture.
- The sheaf of wheat is stamped in Baked Brown Sugar as well, but the panel is backed with Cajun Craze cardstock, adding some definition and a little more colour.
- The sentiment, from the same stamp set and die cut with the Itty Bitty Banners framelits, is backed by some 7/16" Natural Trim (more texture) and highlighted with one of the new In Colour Boutique Details in Baked Brown Sugar. That gives the card more (you guessed it)...TEXTURE!!!
- Watermarks are stamped using the watermark stamp from the first Paper Pumpkin set. Watermarks on cards are all the thing these days, so you need to find yourself one. If you haven't subscribed yet to Paper Pumpkin, when you do, your first kit will contain this stamp. What's that? You've been seriously considering Paper Pumpkin? Well, have I got a deal for you!!
Offer Details: Use the promotion code PUMPKINDEAL to join Paper Pumpkin before August 31, 2013, and pay only $12.50 a month* for the first two months.
*plus tax, where applicable. Shipping included!
The Fine Print:
For new subscribers only.
Promotion applies only to the first two months of a new subscription. After receiving two month's worth, the price for each month's kit will go to the regular price: $24.95.
You and your customers need to visit mypaperpumpkin.com to join.
You must click "Add Promo Code" and then enter the promo code PUMPKINDEAL in the "Promo Code" field when you sign up on the mypaperpumpkin.com website to take advantage of this promotion.
You must join by Saturday, August 31, 2013; 11:50 PM (MT).
Give it a try. You have nothing to lose. You can cancel anytime or put it on hold for a month or two. The coolest part is that you get never before seen stamps exclusive to Paper Pumpkin. Here's a video that was one of our competition videos in the Convention 2013 contest:
I loved this one, especially for the slogan!
Who needs the prince, when you've got the Pumpkin!
Give it some thought, investigate the MyPaperPumpkin website, and give me a call if you'd like to sign up. I can help you with it.
Paper: Sweater Weather DSP (132184)* available August 1, Baked Brown Sugar (131296), Cajun Craze (119684), Very Vanilla (101650) and Chocolate Chip (102128) cardstock
Ink: Classic Stampin' Pads in Baked Brown Sugar (131174) and Cajun Craze (126965); Stampin' Write Marker in Chocolate Chip (131261)** part of the Neutrals collection package
Accessories: 7/16" Natural Trim (129287); 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon (132140)*available August 1; Regals Collection Candy Dots - Cajun Craze (130932); In Colour Boutique Details - Baked Brown Sugar (130938)
Tools: Itty Bitty Banners Framelits (129267)
Regals Candy Dots