And now, there's a Disney movie of the Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp as Tonto! I think, for nostalgia's sake, that I have to see that one!
Now if I remember correctly, the Lone Ranger was always coming to someone's rescue. We have a modern version I like to call the Lone Pinterest! Want a good recipe for dinner tonight? Check Pinterest! Want to know how to potty-train your dinosaur? Pinterest has a solution for you. Need a good project for your Big Shot Club tonight? Pinterest to the Rescue!
You're right, the card I'm about to show you is one that I found on Pinterest, designed by the fabulous Karen Burniston of "I am Not Left-Handed". I simplified it a bit for the group and made some minor colour and design changes, but it was perfect for introducing Pop 'n Cuts dies to them. I used the Pop 'n Cuts Label insert for this. Unfortunately, it is not available for a while as Stampin' Up works with the suppliers to remedy some design issues, because it sometimes cuts where it should only score.
- You'll recognize the From My Heart stamp set, one of my favourites, but do you recognize the framelit shape that it's stamped on? It's the Deco Labels Collection Framelits!
- I used the Adorning Accents Edgelit twice to shape the Silver Glimmer paper at the bottom.
- I used the Bitty Butterfly punch and the Small Heart punch to get the butterfly and heart shapes from the glimmer paper.
- The DSP used here is an old favourite - Polka Dot Parade, carried over from last year's catalogue. I did another version in Rich Razzleberry, also using Polka Dot Parade.
Here's the inside, showing the pop-up label made using the Pop 'n Cut system.
So much fun to use!! It's an investment to get all the dies and cutting pads you need, but look at the results you get!
- To get this result you have to cut the card base from Marina Mist cardstock using only the Card Base Pop 'n Cuts die and Extended Cutting Pads in the Big Shot.
- Then you insert the Pop 'n Cuts Labels Insert into the Card Base die and cut the DSP, using an extended cutting pad underneath the die, then the die, then the paper, then the Extended Premium Crease Pad on top and run through the Big Shot.
- Adhere the DSP inside the card base and then embellish any way you like!
- The two colour From My Heart stamp shown here was coloured using the Marina Mist Stampin' Write marker and the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker.
I hope you get the chance to try this new Pop 'n Cuts system. You can also get a Dress Form insert!
Well, time to leave you and get to work! Hi-yo, Silver Glimmer Paper! Away!
Stamps: From My Heart (w132007; c126557)
Paper: Polka Dot Parade DSP (126902); Silver Glimmer Paper (124005); Marina Mist (119682) and Whisper White (100730) cardstock
Ink: StazOn Jet Black (101406); Stampin' Write markers in Marina Mist (119679) and Basic Black (100082)
Accessories: florist wire cut from some paper flowers
Tools: Big Shot (113439); Bitty Butterfly punch (129406); Elegant Butterfly punch (127526); Small Heart Punch (117193); Deco Label Collection Framelits (130102); Card Base Pop 'n Cuts die (130099); Pop 'n Cuts Labels Insert (130160)*; Adorning Accents Edgelit (125595)
From My Heart Stamp Set
Deco Labels Collection Framelits
Bitty Butterfly punch
Adorning Accents Edgelits
Elegant Butterfly punch
Polka Dot Parade DSP