I have an order to deliver and a whole slew of people just signed up for my first Christmas Stamper's Dozen of the year and that's a lot of paper cutting to be done! Then there's the regular daily blog and card designing to do, so I just want to warn you: Look both ways before crossing my hallways! I might come flying by at high speeds.
But I had some quiet creating time this evening, (after spending all afternoon cleaning up the Craft Cave in the basement), and I wanted to come up with something for the Dynamic Duos Challenge #66.
I was excited about entering this one, because I love the basic black pairings and the dessert option is embossing. I got to play with some of the new products I had ordered from the Holiday Mini! Here's my card:
- I used the Festive Flurry Stamp Set for the first time and the Framelits that go with it to create that layered snowflake and added a Frosted Finishes Embellishment as the top layer. So pretty and the camera, unfortunately isn't doing it justice.
- Believe it or not, this is the first time I have used my own Northern Flurry Embossing Folder! I just ordered it about a month ago!
- I used the new Silver Foil sheets to emboss the Northern Flurry design on! I was expecting thin and flimsy. Instead it is a good weight, and holds the embossed design really well! I am so pleasantly surprised by this! It also is easy to die cut using the Festive Flurry Framelits!
- I also used the Expressions Thinlits Dies to create the word Merry! This worked so much better than I expected as well. I envisioned those narrow little pieces ripping, but they came out of the die all in one piece. It worked even better when I placed a piece of wax paper on top of the paper before adding the thinlit die. With that in place, everything just popped out with amazing ease.
- Did you notice the lovely DSP at the back? It's from the Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper.
Hope you like this sample today! I'm thinking about whether I have enough supplies to make this at my Christmas Stamper's Dozen. I might get away with it! Thanks for dropping by! Make sure you stamp something today!
Stamps: Festive Flurry Stamp Set (w131778; c131781)
Paper: Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper (132341); Silver Foil Sheets (132178); Basic Black (121045) and Pool Party (122924) cardstock
Ink: Classic Stampin' Pad in Pool Party (126982)
Accessories: Frosted Finishes Embellishments (132150)
Tools: Northern Flurries Embossing Folders (120902); Festive Flurries Framelits (132193) (or save when you bundle it with Festive Flurry Stamp Set (w133284; c133285); Expressions Thinlits Dies (132171)
Festive Flurry Bundle
Frosted Finishes Embellishments
Gold and Silve Foil Sheets
Winter Frost Design Series Specialty Paper