I would encourage all of you to start entering some design challenges. It's a great way to motivate yourself to make cards or other papercrafting projects! All you need is a webspace to display your photos so you can give the link to the challenge blog.
Here's more of the project I completed to go with my bio:
- I wanted a design that showcased a bit of all my styles and I really like how it turned out. I love this colour combination of Smoky Slate, Bermuda Bay and Whisper White.
- Clockworks is an old favourite stamp set, and one I can always depend on for a masculine, grungy, pseudo-Steampunk kind of look!
- The backgrounds use images from both Clockworks and Gorgeous Grunge and they work together so beautifully!
- Do you recognize the sentiment? If you do then you are probably a Paper Pumpkin subscriber! Good for you! If you don't then you're missing out on some awesome stamps that you can't get anywhere else! There is a Paper Pumpkin subscription promotion on right now that allows you to get your first two months at half price - that's right $12.50! What have you got to lose?
- The heat embossing was done with Pewter Embossing Powder. It has a slightly warmer, more vintage look than silver.
- You need to use a Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the watch's face and hands in the right place. (However did I get along without it???)
And in more exciting news, this time from Stampin' Up, starting Sept. 1, you will be able to order a new toy: the Envelope Punch Board!
It is super easy to use and it can make envelopes in 66 different sizes!! No more boring envelopes! Contact me if you want to preorder yours for September 1. If things go like the Magnetic Platform, you'll be wanting to get your order in ASAP.
Also, they were included in the catalogue, but not available until now - The Stampin' Trimmer Rotary Addition. See page 176 of the current main catalogue. Here's a video explaining better than I could:
Do go over and look at the As You See It Challenge Blog. I've done a Q&A about myself that you might get a chuckle over! Tomorrow I want to share with you some projects done by some of my Design 101students! I was so blown away by their designing skills that I wanted to show their projects to you and to encourage you to try to design your own cards as well!
Stamps: Clockworks (w131973; c127292); Gorgeous Grunge (w130514; c130517); love your guts (from Paper Pumpkin *not available to order)
Paper: Neutrals Collection Designer Series Paper Stacks (130132); Bermuda Bay (131197), Smoky Slate (131202) and Whisper White (100730) cardstock
Ink: VersaMark (102283); StazOn Jet Black (101406); Classic Stampin' Pads in Bermuda Bay (131171) and Smoky Slate (131179)
Accessories: Brights Collection Candy Dots (130931); Pewter Stampin' Emboss Powder (124114)
Tools: Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049); Heat Tool (129053); Window Frames Collection Framelits (129021); Big Shot (113439); Word Window Punch (119857); Modern Label Punch (119849)
Brights Collection Candy Dots
Clockworks Stamp Set
Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set
Modern Label Punch
Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stacks
Pewter Stampin' Emboss Powder
Window Frames Collection Framelits
Word Window Punch