Here's a quick and easy project for you that will give you a creative edge in your holiday decorating: another cone design, this one using Soho Subway DSP:
- This was another project completed at the Creative Escapes retreat a couple of weeks ago.
- It features a rolled flower made with the pattern on the flip side of the print DSP. I punched out a large scallop circle and cut it in a spiral shape until I reached the center.
- I rolled it up starting at the outside edge and rolling until I reached the center. A quilling tool makes this super easy.
- A few glue dots on the last of the spiral creates a base to adhere the rolled flower to. An alternative to this is a Jumbo Sticky Round, cut to the right diameter.
- I added a smaller scallop circle underneath the rolled flower.
- Some sponging and some Cherry Cobbler Chevron Ribbon complete this easy project.
There you are! Easy Peasy! Go crazy!!
- Here's a link to get the template for the cone. It's easy to roll into the right shape and Sticky Strip keeps it in place!
Paper: Soho Subway Design Series Paper (130140)
Ink: Classic Stampin' Pad in Soft Suede (126978)
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler 3/4" Chevron Ribbon (130012); Jumbo Sticky Rounds (127852); Sticky Strip (104294)
Tools: Stamping Sponges (101610); 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (118874); 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (119854)
3/4" Chevron Ribbon in Cherry Cobbler
Jumbo Sticky Rounds
1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch
Soho Subway DSP