Round or Square Week?! Seriously??? How about neither? I mean, I've always been kind of a square peg trying to fit into a round hole but I don't need to be reminded of it monthly!!
And what do you do with round or square cards? There's the envelope problem of course. I know, I know, with our Simply Scored Tool, I could make my own, but that takes more time!
There is something coming soon from Stampin' Up that will make envelope crafting much easier, but I have to wait for awhile to show you what it is! Are you curious? Curious like a cat? Good!
Here's this week's Mojo Monday Challenge #304:
After some debate, I finally settled on Round! It's just easier! Here it is:
- My ladies all wanted to learn how to do rolled flowers. They are really easy to do. I will get my video camera rolling a do a tutorial after technique night is over, but basically you just punch out a scallop circle, spiral cut it and roll from the outside to the inside, using the last bit of the spiral to hold the rest with a glue dot.
Your cut doesn't need to be perfectly even because it will give your flower more interesting variation.
- I'm using a new stamp set called Kind and Cozy, which was made to coordinate with Gingham Garden Design Series Paper (DSP). See the gingham around the edge of the circle and that little nosegay stamp which matches the flowers on the DSP?
- The colour palette I'm using is Strawberry Slush, Island Indigo, Pear Pizzazz and Daffodil Delight.
- I used the Circles Collection framelits to make the shaped card here. I took one 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of Strawberry Slush cardstock and scored the long edge at 5 1/2". I folded it and put the largest Circle framelit on it with one edge of the framelit overhanging the edge of the fold. That gave me the shaped card base, but because the fold edge was flat instead of round, I cut out another full framelit piece and matched the two up and glued it on, so the scallops matched.
- The Bird Builder punch created those Pear Pizzazz leaves.
- I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the gingham ring and the flower bunch perfectly around my sentiment.
In other GREAT news, the Holiday Mini goes live tomorrow! Have you got your orders ready? I will have a link to the catalogue here on my blog and the phone lines will be open if you want anything! I will put in an order on Friday!
Did you know that the Holiday Mini Catalogue is interactive? Here's Brandi Barnard from Home Office to tell you all about it:
Stamps: Kind and Cozy (w129123; c129126)
Paper: Gingham Garden DSP (129310); Strawberry Slush (131295), Island Indigo (122923), Pear Pizzazz (131201), Daffodil Delight (119683), and Whisper White (100730) card stock
Ink: Classic Stampin' Pad in Island Indigo (126986); Stampin' Write Markers in Island Indigo (131265)*, Strawberry Slush (131260)* and Pear Pizzazz (131266)
Accessories: 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim in Strawberry Slush (130023); Pearl Basic Jewels (119247)
Tools: Circles Collection Framelits (130911); Big Shot (113439); 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (118874);
1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (119854); Bird Builder Punch (117191)
*As part of the Colour Collection package
Bird Builder Punch
Circles Collection Framelits
Gingham Garden DSP
Kind and Cozy Stamp Set
Strawberry Slush 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim