I don't use MDS (My Digital Studio) a whole lot because I prefer the process and the result of creating cards with stamps and inks and real embellishments, but it really comes in handy in a case like today's card.
I wanted to use the Zoo Review lion image for my grandson's valentine card, but had no sentiment that would do it justice, so I went to MDS to create a flag with the custom sentiment you read here. The result was perfect for my card.
- I started with a card base of Crushed Curry because I was looking for a "lion" yellow, but something bright enough to give an African look as well.
- The Regal Collection Designer Series Paper Stack has this tiny chevron design in Crushed Curry, which I think really adds to the African ambience.
- The image was stamped twice, once in Crushed Curry and exactly over the top of it, Crumb Cake, just to get closer to the real colour and to give the image a definition that the plain yellow couldn't give. How did I get the images to match exactly? Stamp-a-ma-jig!
- The Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon in Early Espresso makes another African-looking element to the card.
- The MDS banner was printed on my own ink-jet printer so the colours aren't exactly true, but they are close. If you have Stampin' Up! print your projects you will get the exact colour matches. You should give My Digital Studio a try. Did you know that you can get a 30 day MDS Free Trial version?
To purchase any of the products listed below used to make this project, simply click on the links which will take you directly to my On-Line Stampin' Up! Store, where you can view the products and make a purchase if you like. You can have it delivered right to your door!
- Zoo Review
- Zoo Review - Clear-Mount Stamp
- Regals Designer Series Paper Stack
- Crushed Curry 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
- Early Espresso 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- MDS 2+ Download
- Early Espresso 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
- Ovals Collection Framelits Dies
- Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pad
- Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad