Here are my three adorable little guys:
Parker, aged 2,
Kesten, aged 19 months,
and Wyatt, aged 7 months
(Sigh!) As a Grandma, I'm so blessed! I've seen Parker and Wyatt fairly recently, but Kesten lives quite a bit further north and we're planning on visiting near the end of March when the weather will have warmed a bit and the roads will be better (hopefully).
Here are the other two hybrid Valentines.
The moose is for Kesten, up north. My daughter, Kris, is creating a book of original paintings of Northern Animals for Kesten, and there is a moose in it, so I thought this realistic image of a bull moose would be recognized.
The whale is for Wyatt because he and his family live on the coast of BC and he has a lot of whale toys. As well his house is full of nautical paraphernalia, so this is appropriate for him!
Both valentines are hybrids because I created the sentiments using My Digital Studio. I wanted something more personal than the stamps I have and something that would tie the images to Valentine's Day.
- I used the Hardwood background stamp for the first time and I am really pleased with the clear, crisp woodgrain. I have it mounted on some Crushed Curry cardstock and placed on a base of Soft Suede cardstock.
- The 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon is the perfect choice for this texture-rich card. I love the masculine feel it gives to the Valentine.
- The moose is such a great image from the set Walk in the Wild, which, if I remember correctly was one of the first sets I bought from the Annual Catalogue. I used one of the Window Frames Collection Framelits to die cut the panel and the same sized framelit to cut another from Early Espresso. I cut that in half from side to side and mounted it a little offset from the panel to make a very narrow matte.
- The hybrid sentiment was printed on Whisper White card stock and matted with Early Espresso cardstock as well.
- I used a sea-going colour palette of Night of Navy, Real Red and Crushed Curry for this card for Wyatt. The Crushed Curry Polka Dot paper is from the Regals Designer Series Paper Stacks.
- The images are from the Hello, Sailor stamp set from the Occasions Mini Catalogue. The whale panel is die cut using one of the Circles Collection Framelits and the Night of Navy backing it was punched with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch. This makes a narrower matte than you would get with the next largest Circle framelit.
- I created a matte for the sentiment panel right on My Digital Studio so I didn't have to make one from cardstock. The sentiment panel was printed on Whisper White cardstock. and trimmed.
- The Ahoy stamp is also from Hello, Sailor, and was die cut with one of the new Word Bubbles Framelits.
One more thing I did was send each family some chocolate - Ghirardelli Chocolate, Dark and Mint Squares and I created some cute holders for them that I CASED from Mary Fish. They are totally cute and really easy to do with the new punches. The two inch width that we are restricted to with these punches turns out to be perfect for the Ghirardelli squares.
So that's a wrap on Valentine's Day. I hope you found something over the last few weeks that you could do for your loved ones!
See you again tomorrow with a new As You See It Challenge.
To purchase any of the products listed below used to make this project, simply click on the links which will take you directly to my On-Line Stampin' Up! Store, where you can view the products and make a purchase if you like. You can have it delivered right to your door!
- Walk In The Wild Wood-mount Stamp Set
- Walk In The Wild Clear-mount Stamp Set
- Hello, Sailor [wood]
- Hello, Sailor [clear]
- Hardwood [wood]
- Hardwood [clear]
- Regals Designer Series Paper Stack
- Soft Suede 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
- Crushed Curry 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
- Early Espresso 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Very Vanilla 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Night Of Navy 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Real Red 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad
- Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad
- Night Of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad
- Smoky Slate Classic Stampin' Pad
- 1-1/4" Burlap Ribbon
- Circles Collection Framelits Dies
- Window Frames Collection Framelits Dies
- 2-1/2 Inch Circle Punch
- Word Bubbles Framelits Dies
- MDS Download