My workshop hostess had a specific request. She wanted me to do a Card in a Box for her crafters. That was the first project I designed yesterday. Here it is:
- I used Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper for the panels and the same colours for all the flowers, leaves and butterflies, mainly Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding, and Summer Starfruit.
- My hostess loves butterflies, so my design features lots of them, using Papillon Potpourri images and the Flower Shop Stamp Set, but adding a sentiment from Label Love. I wanted images that could be punched out, instead of die cut or hand cut to save time at the workshop, so with these sets I used the pansy punch as well as the Elegant Butterfly Punch, the Bitty Butterfly Punch and the Artisan Label Punch.
- I made good use of the Bird Builder punch as well, to create leaves from Pistachio Pudding cardstock. I used the branch for this as well as the bird's wing, which is a great shape for a larger leaf.
- The back side has the greeting with matching sentiments from Petite Pairs and some more flowers, from Petite Petals stamp set and small butterflies from Papillon Potpourri.
- The cool thing about these Card in a Box projects is that they fold flat into a standard sized card shape, 5 1/2" x 4 1/4", and will fit into a medium envelope if you don't make the embellishments stick out too far from the edges.
I haven't got time to post a whole tutorial right now, but I am planning on doing a video and making a photo tutorial available as well. If you would like to have the photo tutorial, please send me an email with your email address and I will send you the PDF file. The video tutorial will be posted on-line when it is completed.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!