That's kind of depressing to think about, so I'm going to go with the stamp I used on my card for Dynamic Duos Challenge # 94,
You Can Never Have Too Much Happy!
- I used a Whisper White card base which I only do rarely, but it was the right neutral to use in this case, with the Basic Black and Crushed Curry, which I used instead of the retired More Mustard.
- I wanted a light, springy feel and the use of negative space, so I got out my Bitty Butterfly punch and some Crushed Curry DSP from two collections, Eastern Elegance, and the Regals Designer Series Paper Stack.
- The sentiment is from the Yippee Skippee stamp set and it fits perfectly on one of the Banner Framelits with room for a little black butterfly, the positive space to one of my negative spaces here.
- To get the Basic Black squares with the butterfly shape so perfectly centered, it's much easier to punch the butterfly first and then use one of the Squares Collection framelits and center the butterfly in the middle of it, then die cut using the Big Shot. (And the Magnetic Platform, which holds the framelit firmly in place while you're rolling it through the Big Shot.)
- To showcase the negative space, each black square was mounted with dimensionals on a square of Crushed Curry DSP, so the shadows cast would accentuate the punched hole.
- When mounting the squares on the card base, it is much easier to adhere the top and bottom square a set distance from the edges and then center the third square between them.
Here are the regular Weekly Deals for the week of March 18 - 24:
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!