I called it the Whisper Background technique because you are just leaving a whisper (small part) of a background stamp on the cardstock. Here's another card I used the technique on:
And now, here's the video tutorial showing you how:
And I was really busy yesterday, because I have another card to show you. This one is for two challenges, Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #132 and Dynamic Duos Challenge #99.
- These "Black Tie" challenges for Dynamic Duos are so rich looking. The Rich Razzleberry, even by its name alone is an intense colour and black makes it more dramatic. THEN, throw in some gold, and we are over the top opulent! Wow! I thought it would be a good anniversary card.
- The Brushed Gold cardstock is not often seen on too many blog sites, but it is beautiful paper! I get it out for those very special cards. Here, it forms the card base.
- I used the Stripes embossing folder for the Rich Razzleberry panel, as it really needed something before I tried that. Don't be afraid to experiment a bit, but do it before you glue everything down. (Don't ask me why I mentioned that!)
- I stamped the large flower from Secret Garden in VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with Gold Stampin' Emboss powder. I stamped the image and embossed it three times so I could layer it and make the flower more 3D. (Hint: Even though there are four layers here, I only stamped 3 images. That's because I cut the small middle out of one layer but used its largest petals as an underlayer behind the complete flower on the second layer. You can't see the hole so it's a good way to conserve paper.)
- I used the Happy Anniversary from Teeny Tiny Wishes because it was the only greeting small enough to fit in the Word Window Punch. I trimmed off one end to make it square.
- A few bits of glitz add the final touches. I adhere them with a tiny drop of Tombow Multipurpose glue.
Today is the start of Free Shipping until the end of Friday, April 25th. The Retired List is also out today and you can take a good look at it here. If you see something you need, order it now. There are no guarantees, because everything is only available while supplies last! Get your orders to me quickly or order on line yourself and use the Hostess Code, GJGRBB32!
Phone me at 250-768-7379 or email me your orders.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!