Have you been seeing those cute Scallop Tag Topper cards all over Pinterest? Have you wondered how the heck people got a whole piece of cardstock into a punch that was made for only 2" wide pieces. Well, that's the subject of today's video. And here's the card I made for the sample:
- Following the Watercolour Wonder Design Series Paper that you see here, the colour scheme I used is Crisp Cantaloupe, Smoky Slate, Tangerine Tango and Whisper White. I love the look! I hardly ever use Tangerine Tango because it's too intense for me, but pairing it with the Crisp Cantaloupe really softens it.
- The Scallop Tag Topper Punch made the closure tabs and the video tutorial tells you how.
- This sentiment from Perfect Pennants is really one of my favourites and I stamped it in Tangerine Tango then die cut the pennant shapes using the Banners Framelits! The flag is then popped up on dimensionals.
- I used the background stamp, En Francais to create the background for this panel, using a technique that I will be highlighting on the next Movie Monday.
- The sentiment is also from Perfect Pennants and is stamped to the left so that it will be covered by the front panel of the card. The flowers are from the Stippled Blossoms stamp set, which I originally used for this panel. It looked amazing until I added it to the card and closed the front flap. Then it just looked too busy and I simplified it.
So without further ado, here's the first edition of Movie Monday!!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!