Here's where I found my colour scheme:
|Navy and Coral|
- Nothing is more nautical than The Open Seas Stamp Set, and I put it to good use in the background collage. I added more images from the retiring set, Hello Sailor using Night of Navy, Island Indigo, Smoky Slate and Basic Gray Ink. I finished with a sprinkle of Calypso Coral using one of the Gorgeous Grunge stamps.
- The Bravo sentiment is from A Dozen Thoughts and I have it shadowed with a second flag, die cut with Bitty Banners framelits
- I love the texture from the Burlap Ribbon across the middle and I learned to tie a sailor's knot using linen thread and Island Indigo Baker's Twine.
- Here you get a closer look at the Sailor's Knot I learned to tie. I also love the way you can add Whisper White candy dots to simulate a porthole around the oval matte for the sailing ship.
- Here's the way you tie a sailor knot:
My son-in-law will just be finishing up a trip on a sailing vessel for the men's church group to which he belongs. What an adventure he will be able to tell about!
I hope you'll play along this week! We would love to have lots more entries to comment on during the week!
There is so much going on at Stampin' Up! in the next week and a half:
1. From now until June 4, many of the retiring products will be discounted from 25% to 50%!! These will go fast, so don't hesitate to give me a quick call or email to secure your order before your items sell out!! These include retiring products from the Occasions catalogue as well.
2. Monday, June 2 at 12 noon MDT is when you can begin ordering from the new 2014/15 Annual Catalogue.
3. Weekly deals, changed every Tuesday!
4. Keep an eye open for Product Shares from the new catalogue, a great way to be able to purchase more variety of products for less money!!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!