Never mind that I was subject to the most abysmal motion sickness, and if it had been me, I probably would have spent the entire voyage in my cabin on my cot or in the loo, but I could still dream. Flash forward 48 years or so and I still haven't gone on that cruise! I know ships are better equipped to lessen the effects of sea sickness and there are much more effective remedies, but something still cautions me not to spend a gob of money on a vacation I may never enjoy! I think maybe I should try a short cruise, just to see how I do. Maybe to Alaska. Oh, wait! Aren't there ice bergs on that route? (Pictures a sinking Titanic in her head.)
Here's the sketch for the challenge this week:
- I used the Traveler Stamp Set which is new in the 2014-15 Annual Catalogue, soon to be available for you to order come June 2! It has a vintage flavour to it and so that is how I played it. I created a collage stamped background with many of the images from that set, as well as the camera as the focal point.
- The colours I used were the new Lost Lagoon, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand and Very Vanilla. They create a soft vintage palette.
- The strip of DSP is from the Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack, from the new Annual Catalogue and it makes me think of waves so that's appropriate for a Bon Voyage card.
- It's been a while since I have used the Vintage Trinkets - little safety pins and button-like brads in antique metal finishes- and I'm going to miss them because they are retiring. If you like these you'd better order them soon, before they're gone for good.
- Another retiree is the Victoria Crochet trim, and I would be extra sad about that, except that we have a different crochet trim in the new Annual Catalogue. Too bad the Victoria Crochet Trim is already sold out. Hope you weren't still wanting it.
- The sentiment is from Just Sayin' Stamp set, which is in the Occasions Catalogue and will be also featured in the new Annual Catalogue. I inked it up with a Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker so I could just use the words and not the word bubble.
Thanks for dropping by and leave me a comment about any voyages you have been on. Have any of you who are prone to motion sickness gone on a cruise? How did you do? Should I try it someday?
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!
- Traveler Stamp Set*
- Just Sayin' [english, wood] 
- Just Sayin' [english, clear] 
- Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack*
- Lost Lagoon 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock*
- Very Vanilla 8-1/2X11 Card Stock 
- Sahara Sand 8-1/2X11 Card Stock 
- Lost Lagoon Classic Stampin' Pad*
- Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad 
- Sahara Sand Classic Stampin' Pad 
- Neutrals Stampin' Write Markers 
- 5/8 Inch Crochet Trim Victoria ***
- Vintage Trinkets Accents Elements **
- Stamping Sponges 
- Circles Collection Framelits Dies 
* New Product, available June 2 in the new 2014-15 Annual Catalogue
** Retiring product, available until June 4, while supplies last
***Retiring product, now sold out.