I hope, by the time you read this post that the gunman will have been apprehended. I want to voice my grief for the families of the officers involved and for the city of Moncton. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you, as I'm sure the prayers of thousands of other Canadians will be.
It's hard to hear the news these days. It can make life look so dangerous and dismal, but there is always hope when you look for it. There are still babies being born, and maybe one or two of them will turn out to be the courageous and intelligent leaders we need in order to turn this world around, to bring peace and stability to this planet.
In honour of that, I want to post a card that I created for Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #139
I have a lot of Baby Things going on in my life these days, so in recognition of the need for Baby cards, and for an opportunity to use the new stamp and framelit bundle, Something for Baby, here is my sample:
- I was so happy to get some more of the new products in a recent delivery! I was trying to create without having a lot to work with before. For this card, I used two new Designer Series papers and a new stamp set. The paper is from two sets, Maritime for the Coastal Cabana stars and Lullaby for the Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding flags.
- The Scallop Tag Topper punch created both the tag and it's backing. It took a little extra trimming and manoeuvring to get the backing to work because I had to cut it about 1/4" larger than will fit into the punch. You can still get it into the punch, but the edges will need to be trimmed a bit on the parts beside the Scallop Top because they are a bit too wide. I used Pistachio Pudding cardstock to make a backing for the Whisper White tag.
- Some of the Thick Baker's Twine in Crisp Cantaloupe, adds an embellishment to the card.
- The sentiment is from the Baby, We've Grown stamp set, originally from the Occasions Catalogue, but now included in the Annual Catalogue.
- I love all the images in the Something for Baby Stamp set, but I have to ask about the tie. Ummm... how does that fit into a baby set? I'm all for the tie, don't get me wrong! See it up in the upper left? It will be great to have come Father's Day or a masculine birthday, but why is it included in a baby set??
- Each of these images, except the heart and the bow, has a matching framelit! How great is that? It's also the only NEW bundle in the new catalogue. (A bundle is a stamp set and a coordinating accessory such as die cutting framelits that you can order together and save 15%.)
Just a reminder, that from now until the end of June, you can join Stampin' Up! for only $60 and get $65 worth of the current products of your choice (including Blendabilities markers, which are only available to Demonstrators and their new recruits right now!), plus a free Business Kit worth $70 dollars! (You can still get the $125 Starter Kit as well, with $155 worth of products of your choice.)
Thanks for dropping by today, and when you get a chance, offer up a quick prayer for the families of those three slain officers.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!