#InspireCreateShare2014I'm so excited! We head off to Stampin' Up!'s annual convention this morning on our way to Seattle, where we will catch a flight tomorrow for Salt Lake City! This past weekend has been super busy getting swaps finished and writing some blog posts for the week. One challenge that caught my eye this weekend was Pals Paper Arts colour challenge:
The reason it caught my eye was because I just received my Night of Navy Blendabilities and I wanted to use them. I love the crisp look of navy and yellow with white.
- I got out my Blended Bloom stamp to use with the Night of Navy Assortment Blendabilities and set to work. I found this one quite difficult to use and blend because there is such a wide range in the shades of the navy. The light is several shades lighter than the dark colour so it is hard to get a nice blend as you can see. Another time, I would go much easier on the dark colour and concentrate on the light and medium, but I didn't have time to tackle it again so let this serve as a cautionary note for you. This particular assortment won't be available to the public until August 1. Only demonstrators have early access to it. There are several other sets you can now order though.
- I stamped the image twice and coloured both then cut them out in three layers. The center (coloured with Daffodil Delight) is actually cut from the bottom layer, because the middle layer covers up the hole. Saves paper and ink! Each layer is popped up on dimensionals to enhance the 3D effect.
- The gorgeous DSP is from the Sweet Taffy collection, which is one of eight collections on sale this month with Stampin' Up!'s Buy Three, Get One Free event.
- Another thing that arrived in my order was the Lovely Lace embossing folder. I used it on the Whisper White Panel and it is, indeed, lovely!
- The ribbon that divides the two panels is a new shade of Seam Binding Ribbon - Night of Navy! It's a beautiful colour, adding some richness to this design.
I will keep you posted as the week progresses with events, swap cards, and anything new that I find out. Check under the hashtag #InspireCreateShare2014 for other news of this event!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!
*Available August 1.