Here's the challenge:
When I saw Shades of Yellow, I immediately thought Sunflowers! I went looking for a sunflower image among my stamp sets and many were close, but I didn't see a good one until I opened up Bloom with Hope! I feel I must apologize for featuring this set so much, but versatility and usability, along with great design are the marks of a classic stamp set. I'm sad that it is a Hostess set because they always retire at the end of the year and so your time is limited. Make sure you don't miss it! You must be a Hostess in order to have access to this set. Contact me and we can set up a date for your own workshop.
Speaking of which: If you book a workshop and hold it before October 31, you will win a free stamp set called Good Greetings!
- We had 10 minutes to complete the card from start to finish. I finished just under the wire in 9 minutes, 45 seconds.
- After a couple of false starts with the stem and some Pear Pizzazz, I decided to do without the stem and just stamped the sunflower-like bloom in Crushed Curry and added some So Saffron splotches from Gorgeous Grunge.
- The sentiment is also from Bloom with Hope and I really like the script for all the sentiments in the set.
- I used almost all the yellow shades I have in stock: Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight and So Saffron. I didn't use Hello Honey because it has some grayness in that shade that didn't mix well with the warm feel of the other yellows.
- The burlap ribbon with the Crushed Curry Candy Dots is a perfect finish.
Have some fun yourself with this challenge. Don't be intimidated by the time, just do your best and if you go over the 10 minute mark, just say so on your entry. And let me know if you want to schedule your own workshop. You can earn fabulous hostess rewards, plus win a free stamp set!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!