Summer has hit its full stride and the thought of looking for glimpses of fall may not even occur to you, but even so, it is just around the corner! I took a bit of a trip this weekend with my hubby and some friends down to Seattle, to see the Toronto Blue Jays play the Seattle Mariners. It was the first game of a triple header that could help to determine the wild card berth in the playoffs.
Here we are at the game in our Blue Jays shirts and hats, hoping for a win!
And here is Safeco Field! What a great venue! The roof was open when we started, but rain with some lightning and thunder caused them to close it about 2/3 of the way through the game. That was something to watch!
Alas, the Blue Jays did not win, in fact they did not even come close, losing something like 11 -1! But in their defence they had just used up all their pitchers in a 19 inning game the night before, which they won! And then they had to travel all the way across the continent to play Seattle the next day!
But talk of wild card berths and baseball playoffs can only mean one thing... Fall is just around the corner! In fact, as we were driving home, I saw some leaves already changing colour! And I was excited, because that meant I could use some of my new fall stamping supplies! It was the first thing I did when I got home!
- I used some of the Colour Me Autumn Designer Series Paper from the up-coming Holiday Catalogue that you will be able to order from on August 28th! If you are one of my regular customers you will be getting a copy in the mail soon. If you would like to have a copy free, send me an email and place a minimum $20 order and I will get one off to you! It is chuck full of great crafting ideas!
- I also used a sneak peek stamp set that reminds me of Work of Art with a fall theme. It is called For All Things and I love all the images, backgrounds and sentiments. It's a must have from the new catalogue for sure.
- I finally got around to using one of the new In Colour Clothespins to hold the sentiment! I was honestly having quite a time figuring out how to use these embellishments, but I think this really works. How about you?
- The colour scheme mimics the DSP here with Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Sahara Sand and Mossy Meadow. Great fall colours!
- In order to have the clothespin appear to be holding the sentiment banner without overlapping and covering up some of the words, I actually mounted the sentiment with a double stack of Stampin' Dimensionals on each end and mounted it just a hair under the 'mouth' of the clothespin.
- Trying to figure out the shape for the main image, I played around with the Window Frames Framelits and the Ovals Collection Framelits, which work really well together. I settled on a Cajun Craze Oval in the back and used a Window Frame Framelit to cut out the image.
Are you gearing up again for fall? What do you do to get ready for it?
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!
- Color Me Autumn Designer Series Paper*
- For All Things Wood-Mount Stamp Set*
- For All Things Clear-Mount Stamp Set*
*Items from the new Holiday Catalogue, available to order by August 28th.