It is kind of early for Christmas designs,but we stampers know that the earlier you start, the easier it will be to have enough hand stamped cards for all one's friends and family. Actually, I am designing for my second Christmas Stamper's Dozen of the year so far. And this design has a bit of a story behind it.
I decided to use my Endless Wishes Stamp set for this one. I actually purchased Endless Wishes last year in the fall, when it was one of the first photopolymer stamp sets I took a chance on and really liked. But because the photopolymer sets up to that point had been limited editions, meaning when they were gone, they were gone, I assumed that that was it for this set after Christmas and gave it to my daughter. Imagine my surprise when they brought it back in the Holiday Catalogue, and I had given it away!! I wasn't going to take it back from my daughter, so I purchased it again. Good thing photopolymer stamps are so economical.
- Along with Endless Wishes, I also used Gorgeous Grunge Stamp set. When someone recently asked me what stamps I would recommend as being most useful, I didn't even hesitate and told them Gorgeous Grunge right away. Those splotches, splatters, and blobs are the bomb for creating amazing backgrounds for all styles of stamping.
- My colour palette for this card is Soft Sky, Pistachio Pudding and Very Vanilla with a touch of Lost Lagoon. I love the soft look that this creates.,
- I love the silky taffeta ribbon in Lost Lagoon. It's a great width for doing bows and other treatments, but it looks so classy as is, the way you see it here.
- The background DSP is from the 2013-15 In Colour Paper Designer Series Paper Stacks. I like the way the edges look striped like a peppermint stick, because of where I placed it behind the Very Vanilla panel.
- The Rhinestones were coloured with Blendabilities. I used the lightest of the three Coastal Cabana assortment and the lightest of the three Old Olive assortment to do the job. Just be aware that colouring embellishments can be hard on the Blendabilities tips so use them sparingly or get another set to use for that.