I'm still having fun with the bokeh effect. It is so beautiful around Christmas time because of all the lights. I did another bokeh effect card here, but that time I used a palette of cool colours. Today, I am sharing with you a card using the bokeh effect with a more traditional palette - a Christmas tree close up.
It was pictures like these Christmas tree close-ups that inspired me:
- Ornamental Pine steals the show one more time. I can't tell you how many times I've reached for this stamp set over this season. For this card, I used the pine branch image along with the ornament and the sentiment.
- To create the effect of out-of-focus Christmas tree lights in the background, I first sponged a piece of Whisper White cardstock with Real Red, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive and Crushed Curry. Using a piece of Window Sheet with two circles punched in it (one circle with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch and one with the 3/4" Circle Punch) as a mask, Whisper White Craft Ink is sponged to create two sizes of white circles, Then a sponge dauber is used to sponge smaller, more focused circles in Whisper White Craft Ink.
- After the background is created the pine branches are stamped in Mossy Meadow. The ornament is stamped with VersaMark ink on a separate piece of Whisper White cardstock and Gold Stampin' Emboss powder is added and heat set. Then the ornament is hand cut and the 1/8" Circle Punch is used to cut out the paper inside the hoop for hanging the ornament.
- Some Old Olive Baker's Twine is tied through the hole and secured on the backside of the paper. Stampin' Dimensionals are used to pop up the ornament image.
- The sentiment is stamped on Whisper White cardstock using Mossy Meadow ink. The Project Life Framelits were used to die cut the sentiment. It was a little wide, so I cut a sliver of equal side off both sides.
- Gold Glimmer Paper gives such a rich background panel.
It's Tuesday again:
Call me if something in the weekly deals grabs your attention!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!Product List