This past weekend I travelled down to Abbotsford to take part in one of the BC Fall Conferences put on by Stampin' Up! Canada! My buddy Terry and I had a great time. What I liked so much about it was the chance to get to know fellow demonstrators from around BC. When we are at big events like Convention each year, we often only run into fellow Canadian or BC demos by accident, but this was a great opportunity to get to know others in our area of Canada! Dale Hampshire, Stampin' Up!'s Canadian Manager, or Canadadale as his email address has dubbed him was so much fun with his game shows and Halloween treats that the atmosphere was casual, enjoyable and more like a big card class than anything. We did some great Make and Takes and had the opportunity to win tons of loot! Here's my take for the weekend:
I was the lucky winner of the Grand Prize at one session of Friday's Product Playground. I also was a volunteer at several sessions. Here are some of the Make and Take projects I helped with:
I hope we get to do this again next year!
I wanted to quickly share with you the last card from my Creative Escape retreat last weekend:
I saw a similar idea on Pinterest, and I had to try it out. A Gingerbread House! I just used some Soft Suede cardstock and cut out a house shape and used the Scallop Edge Border punch to create the scalloped roof lines from strips of Soft Suede!
- The card base is the versatile Under the Tree Specialty Designer Series Paper. The next panel is from the Nordic Noel Designer Series Paper. It totally reminds me of peppermint sticks!
- I used the White Stampin' Chalk Marker to create the dots of white icing on the edges, doors and windows.
- Real Red Candy Dots made...well, candy dots on the roof lines and as door handles.
- Isn't it great the way the stamp, It's for You! from Amazing Birthday stamp set, looks just like a peppermint striped candy? I punched it out with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch.
- To make the wreath, I punched some Whisper White cardstock with the 1/2" Circle Punch, then used the 3/4" Circle Punch to punch around the 1/2" hole, making sure it was centered in the punch before making the cut. I then "doodled" on it with Real Red Stampin' Write marker.
- It is mounted on the card base using Stampin' Dimensionals.
I hope your weekend was as much fun as mine!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!Product List