I really enjoyed making this card for The Paper Players Challenge #223 and The Colour Throwdown Swatch Challenge #320. It kind of exudes a quiet Joy! The best kind, in my humble opinion. This could be a Christmas card, but it could also be a winter all occasion or birthday card, any occasion that merits joy! I've been wanting to use the word framelits from the Wonderful Wreath Framelits for a long time now. This was the perfect layout for it.
And I've been loving the Soft Sky, Real Red and Whisper White palette, so adding some Crumb Cake was a natural.
- On the Crumb Cake card base, I added a background panel of All is Calm Specialty Designer Series Paper in Soft Sky. On to that, I added a small panel of some Nordic Noel DSP backed by Real Red cardstock.
- I added a 1" wide piece of Red Glimmer paper to the top for some pizzazz, under which I placed two flags, one in Soft Sky and one in Real Red.
- I used the "Joy" Framelit and cut one out in Soft Sky cardstock and one in Crumb Cake. When using these Thinlits or Framelits, be sure to place some waxed paper between the cardstock and the die. It makes removing the cardstock from them so much easier! I glued the Soft Sky Joy to the Crumb Cake Joy, offsetting them a bit for a shadow effect and so that the word would show up better on the Soft Sky background. The 2 Way Glue Pen is fabulous for gluing these thin lines on something. It works just like a pen. I used glue dots to attach it to the card,
- A Neutral Designer button with a little bow made from Soft Sky 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon is the perfect finishing touch. I tied the bow and then used a glue dot to attach it to the button rather than threading it through. Glue dots are very effective in adhering something like the button to the Red Glimmer Paper.
It continues until next Tuesday, Dec. 2, the last opportunity to purchase the Starter Kit at 25% off. There are so many reasons to join my team and become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator:
1. You get a 20% discount on all the products, plus the more you sell the better your returns become.
2. As a new demonstrator, you get a one time only 30% discount on your first qualifying demo order to help you get any supplies and equipment you need for your business!
3. You get to make new friends and belong to an amazing group of women and men who love what you love!
4. You get access to the new catalogues and can order from them a month ahead of the public!
5. You get to help others discover the creativity within - my favourite part!
These are just a few of the benefits! Plus, if you sign up between now and December 2, you will have the added perk of a 5% Cash Back Bonus on all your December Sales! What is there to lose?
Don't forget that the Online Extravaganza extends until next Tuesday, Dec. 2 with amazing deals up to 50% off. Contact me, or go to my store and order online for yourself. Don't wait until supplies are gone and miss out.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!