I get cards! I love receiving Christmas cards, especially hand-crafted ones, as you can imagine! I want to showcase two of them, sent by two of my good customers.
The first is a card created by Sandra Wiens:
Here's what I love about this one:
- I love all the delicate details! Those perfect little ornaments, the tiny print of the DSP, the elegant branch - they are all tiny, but exquisite.
- I love the layout of this design, especially the way the ribbon was used. It's creative and beautiful.
- I love the sparkle from the dazzling details on the ornaments to the sparkly embellishment on the ribbon, it is just the right amount of dazzle!
Thanks, Sandra, for this beauty!
The second is a card made by Dianne Gough:
There is so much to love about this design, too:
- I love the red bird on the white background! Who doesn't love red birds at Christmas time? I I like the little pops of red berries on the branch as well!
- I love all the texture in the mostly white card. The snowflakes in the background are beautifully embossed, the intricate die-cut branch and the sparkly, fuzzy snowflakes, all add interest and variety to the card.
- The balance of this design is perfect. The eye focuses on the red bird of course, but everything else is arranged so that the card never feels empty in any spot. Dianne uses the rule of thirds here in her placement of the bird.
Thanks, Dianne for this inspiring design.
Please leave some love for these ladies with some encouraging comments below. I'm sure they would appreciate the positive feedback!
And Merry Christmas Eve to all my readers! I will be taking a bit of a break tomorrow for Christmas, but I will be back on Friday with some of my favourite Christmas designs this year.