You know how there are certain colours in the Stampin' Up! colour families that you like and some you just can't warm up to? Well, Rose Red was one of those colours for me. It was just like Garden Green until Stampin' Up! used it in a lot of the Christmas DSP! I saw how to combine it with other colours so I grew to like it. In the Occasions Catalogue, there is a lot of Rose Red in the Designer Series Paper, so I decided that I'd give it a try yesterday. Do you know what? I think that may have been the first time I'd used that Ink Pad! Truth! But I like how it turned out, especially paired with the gold accents, so I will probably use this colour more frequently now.
- Snip! Snip! Snip! I did a lot of fussy cutting on this card, but my fussy cutting days are numbered! You see, I got a Brother ScanNCut for Christmas - an ecutter. As soon as I get it set up and I learn how to use it, I may not have to go to these lengths anymore! How exciting is that?
- By the shape of the little hearts, I thought they would coordinate with our Sweetheart punch, but alas, they are too small and had to be hand cut.
- The images and sentiments on this card are all from the new stamp set, Hello Life. It actually coordinates with the very cool Hello Life Project Kit, which I will be showing you soon, and seeing if there is any interest in doing a class with it.
- I die cut the large sentiment with one of the Ovals Collection Framelits and wanted to matte it with the next size up oval cut from a Gold Foil sheet, but that made it too large for the card, so you'll never guess what I did! I used the next size up oval framelit, mounted the sentiment on it, then, using my Paper Snips, I trimmed it down to the size I wanted. It was difficult to get even, and kind of reminded me of when my mom used to cut my hair. It got shorter and shorter as she tried to even up both the sides! Fortunately, I didn't have too many adjustments to make.
- I die cut that sweet little curvy sentiment on the bottom with one of the Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits and backed it with some more Rose Red.
- The background DSP is from the new Occasions Catalogue and it's called Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper, a series of Water-coloured designs, some of which look good enough on their own to be framed!
My Winter Class Schedule is up and you can check it out here. There are still a couple of links to post but they should be up sometime today. Pick the classes that fit your interest and schedule! Please make sure to register, and if possible, pay ahead of time.
Also, let me know if you are interested in Product Shares with the new Occasions Catalogue for paper and ribbon and accessories. I will get it organized for you if there is enough interest.
And just a reminder that there are only 8 more days to order from the Holiday Catalogue. Don't miss out on something you really wanted. There is very little likelihood of finding the same thing next year!
Have a great Monday! See you tomorrow with a new Sneak Peek and some new Weekly Deals!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today! *List does not include Stampin' Up! sneak peek items. They will be available Jan. 6, 2015.
*Hello Life Stamp Set
*Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper