Yesterday was my marathon Christmas shopping day, but I needed to combine that with some product deliveries. And before I could leave, I needed to make some thank-you cards to include with the orders. My Quick and Cute ideas here are easy for you to make, and more importantly, duplicate! I used the Thanks and the Merry images from Seasonally Scattered for the heat embossed centers.
I had a very productive shopping day and I'm almost done my shopping except for the stocking stuffers, which I find the most fun to buy and give, usually neat little gadgets and puzzles! With my grandkids more aware of Christmas and excited about the presents, I'm afraid I may have done some spoiling, but I haven't had that much fun in forever!
Just before I left the house, my doorbell rang and it was my Man in Brown (Mr. UPS) with another order delivery. Because one of my customers to whom I was planning on delivering a small order yesterday had some more product in the recently arrived box, I opened up the container to find this....
A GLITTER ERUPTION!!!!
Oh, my goodness!! There was glitter everywhere! A package of silver glitter had been broken en route and had vomited glitter all through the box!!
I had no time to clean it up then, so I have a big job ahead of me today! In the meantime, there is glitter all over my Craft Cave! It's in the carpet, on my chair, on my clothes, in my hair, on my face!
I apologize to my customers. As hard as you try to clean it all up, it is pervasive. I'm sure you'll find some festive joy scattered somewhere in your order.
You should know that Stampin' Up! is very good about replacing faulty goods and will be sending the customer who ordered the Silver Glitter another package ASAP straight to her door.
- For these Thank You and Greeting Cards, I used the Notecards and Envelopes which come together in a package of 20 cards and envelopes. At 3 1/2" x 5", they are just the right size for little expressions of thanks and festive greetings and they come in Whisper White and Crumb Cake..
- The design is simple but attractive and very easy to put together. All the panels are 5" long so they can simply be matched up with the ends of the cards, which makes getting them straight so much easier.
- Both sentiments from the Seasonally Scattered stamp set were heat embossed with coloured embossing powder, Cherry Cobbler for the Thank You card and Pool Party for the Merry card.
- As I said, the Merry Card had the sentiment stamped in Versamark Ink on the Whisper White panel and covered with Pool Party Stampin' Emboss Powder, then embossed with the Heat Tool.
- The Design Series Paper you see underneath is from the All is Calm Specialty Designer Collection. I cut a strip a little wider than the sentiment strip, to provide some contrast with the Whisper White background.
- I added some Rhinestone Basic Jewels as the perfect little accents.
There's a new Photopolymer stamp set released today. It will be a must have for Valentine's Day!
It's called Snuggles and Smooches! It is item # 140326 and it is $19.95 in Canada.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!