Happy Halloween! I hope you will be able to enjoy the day in costume and will not eat too many mini chocolate bars! They seem harmless due to their small size, but they do add up! I dug out my Fall Fest Stamp set and Fun Fall Framelits one last time for As You See It Challenges #060! Here's Amanda's cute sketch:
As I thought about how I was going to work with it, I kept thinking about that old Halloween classic, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!", mostly because of the design of the Motley Monsters Designer Series Paper. Remember this:
- When in doubt about a colour scheme, I use the palette of the Designer Series Paper I'm using. You can see one of the designs from Motley Monsters in the background. I used Whisper White, Basic Black, Sahara Sand, Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist and Bermuda Bay for this one.
- The Pumpkin images are from the Fall Fest stamp set and they are die cut with the Fun Fall Framelits. The faces on the jack-o'lanterns are stamped separately, but because Fall Fest is a photopolymer stamp set, it is so easy to position them exactly where you want them.
- The label shape is die cut from Sahara Sand cardstock using the Labels Collection Framelits and then embossed with the Woodgrain embossing folder.
- It's hard to see, but I did scallop the edge of the Crushed Curry cardstock using the Large Scallop edgelit. In retrospect, I think I should have used the Scallop Edge Border punch to make it more noticeable.
- The sentiment is from Good Greetings and today is the last day that you can earn this amazing set by hosting a qualifying workshop. I stamped it on a bit of DSP from the Motley Monsters collection and punched it out with the Word Window punch. It is backed with some Bermuda Bay cardstock punched out with the Modern Label punch.
Enjoy your day and your weekend! Back again on Monday, after spending the weekend at the Stampin' Up! Fall Regional conference in Abbotsford.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!