I was happy to see the latest challenge from The Paper Players because it is a chance to use some of the great sentiments that I have in my collection from the Occasions catalogue and the Annual Catalogue. I looked through my sets and settled on Little Sunshine, mostly because I wanted to use the ikat patterns in the Sweet Dreams Designer Series Paper that coordinates with the stamp set, but also because, well...I have a small confession to make.
I made a baby card not long ago for a friend who had just had a little girl. You can see it here. But before I got it mailed away my own daughter arrived and had her baby five days early...five days during which I had hoped to make a baby card for her. But with baby already with us, I used the card I had already made, and now I need one for my friend.
Here's The Paper Player's Challenge #228:
So I set out to create a card where the sentiment, "Hello, Baby" was the star of the show!
- I LOVE the colours in the Sweet Dreams DSP. They are pastels, a bit muted, but so gorgeous together. For this card, I used Hello Honey, Crisp Cantaloupe and Sahara Sand.
- I used the Hello Honey Quilted Cotton Ribbon for the first time today. It works so well with this suite of products.
- The card base is Sahara Sand and the Crisp Cantaloupe panel above it I cut using the Rotary Addition for the the Stampin' Trimmer, with the Tiny Wave Rotary Cutting Blade. I haven't used my Rotary Addition for a long time, and I felt that this was the perfect opportunity to give the cardstock a whimsical look.
- The Word Bubble Framelits coordinate with a couple of the stamps in this stamp set, so I put them to use die-cutting the sentiment. It's always nice to find out that there are coordinating dies or punches.
- The button is from the Sale-A-Bration reward, Best Year Ever Accessory Kit that contains 3 rolls of ribbon and some coordinating buttons. Unfortunately, it is Crushed Curry instead of Hello Honey, but it works on the card.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!Product List