I kinda lied yesterday when I said that this post was the last valentine I had to show you for my grandkids! I totally forgot that today's card was one I was going to show you as well. But because this card was my entry for As You See It Challenge #074, I couldn't post it until today! This little bit of sweetness is for my only granddaughter, Cedar, and it illustrates the AYSI theme of "Sweet"!
And here's the beautiful little girl who will get this card:
I used markers on the sentiment stamp in order to choose the words that I wanted to use and leave out the rest and I had some Blendy fun with the cake.
- I'm also entering this card in The Paper Players Colour Challenge of Basic Black, Real Red and Calypso Coral, even though there are a couple of extra stripes with Crisp Cantaloupe as well.
- The delicious looking cake is from Your Perfect Day Stamp set. I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured it with Calypso Coral Blendabilities and the lightest Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities marker (which looks to me like Real Red). I cut it out by hand and cut off the two birds on the top so it would look more like a regular cake than a wedding cake. It really stands out on that Basic Black background.
- There is actually a stamp that has Sweet as it's main sentiment, and it is part of the Cycle Celebration Stamp set. The stamp actually says "Celebrate a Sweet Birthday", but because this is a valentine, I only coloured the Sweet with my Stampin' Write Markers and left out the other words. It's 'sweet' that the stamp also has some hearts in it, to make it even more like a valentine! It is coordinated with the Decorative Label Punch as well, and to get the black backing for the sentiment, I simply punched out another Decorative Label shape from the Basic Black cardstock and then snipped it in half vertically, trimming off the little knobs in the middle and mounting it on both ends of the sentiment (with a gap in the middle).
- The background DSP is from the Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack, which has lots of Valentine designs, but also many designs that could be used all year round, like the pattern I used. It is a great value at $8,50 for 48 sheets!
- The little hearts are punched with the heart punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack from Basic Black cardstock and Red Glimmer Paper.
Because this was a cased project from someone who I can no longer find on line, I didn't want to feature it, but I wanted you to know that this handsome little chap:
Wyatt got a valentine from Gramps and Grandma as well!
Starting on Monday, I will be on long awaited holidays in Mexico! I'm so excited and I have decided to take a bit of a break from daily blogging in that I won't be posting every weekday while away. I will have a couple of posts to keep you going for the week and a half I'm gone, and I will resume my five day a week schedule when I return! There will be a post on Monday for sure and one on Friday for As You See It Challenges, and we will see how it goes from there. I hope you will miss me a little, but they say that absence makes the heart grow fonder!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the Stampin' Up! products used to make this card today!