I am continuing to make Valentines for my grandkids, but I wanted to fit in another challenge this week and I liked the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches' Challenge #173 this week. My last valentine is for Baby Jackson, and since he is not quite a month old, he really won't appreciate it much, but mom and dad will enjoy it so I dug out the Something For Baby Stamp set and Baby's First Framelits and got to work.
Here's the tiny recipient of the Valentine!
Let's take a closer look at the design. This could just as easily be a baby card instead of a valentine so it is a versatile design.,
- The Happy Heart Embossing Folder created the texture on the back panel of Coastal Cabana. (I am going to miss this colour when it retires in June! Yikes!) Then I added a strip of Lullaby Designer Series Paper.
- To get the negative heart designs on the Whisper White panel, I put some Retrofresh Washi Tape over a strip of Whisper White cardstock the same width as the tape, and the same length as the width of the white panel. Then I inserted them into the Hearts Border Punch and punched out the heart shapes. These punched strips were adhered to the top and bottom of the panel.
- The Scallop Tag Topper Punch was used to add interest to the Coastal Cabana tag. I took a piece of Whisper White slightly smaller than the tag and stamped the little hearts from the Hello Life Stamp set, inking them up using the Coastal Cabana and So Saffron Stampin' Write Markers. I also inked up the sentiment from Hello Life in Coastal Cabana and stamped that along the bottom.
- The Something for Baby Stamp set has a lot of images I could have used for this valentine, but I noticed that the bottom of the stacking toy and the curve in the sentiment line were almost the same arc, so that made my decision easy. I used Stampin' Write Markers in Coastal Cabana, So Saffron and Baked Brown Sugar to ink up the image, taking care to do so without leaving streaks. Before stamping it on some scrap Whisper White, I "huffed" on the stamp so that the moisture in my breath would remoisten the ink before stamping. The image was die cut using the coordinating framelit from Baby's First Framelits.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the Stampin' Up! products used to make this card today!Product List