I have a friend who is going through a very tough time at the moment. Her husband was diagnosed with cancer this year and her grown daughter recently had a fall in a foreign country, where she was living and died from her injuries. I can't imagine that pain my friend must be feeling and I didn't want to send a sympathy card with the same pat niceties. Because it isn't nice and words just don't cut it in a situation like this. I just want her to know that I'm thinking of her and that I care. My friend's love of art and colour, led me to the Sheltering Tree stamp set and the soft colour palette of Crumb Cake and Blushing Bride, with some Basic Black as an accent. Featured in this card is the new Neutrals Colour Collection Paper Stack. It consists of four patterns with each of the Neutrals Colour family, two, two sided sheets of each.
I used the layout for As You See It Challenge #088 for this project:
I love the broken column of paper with the sentiment in the space between and the flag and washi tape embellishments.
- On the Crumb Cake base, I added a piece of the Crumb Cake script design from the Neutrals Colour Collection matted with a narrow border of Basic Black.
- I stamped the images from Sheltering Tree Stamp Set on Whisper White, with Crumb Cake for the trunk and Blushing Bride for the blossoms. I stamped the blossoms several times, without reinking, then repeated the process with fresh ink and extended it below the tree as well.
- I trimmed the Whisper White cardstock to 2" in width and cut it in two pieces, backing each one with a narrow border of Basic Black.
- The so-appropriate sentiment is from the stamp set, An Open Heart, which I stamped using my Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Whisper White, then trimmed to fit in the Word Window punch one end at a time to be rounded off. I inserted this in the space between the two parts of the vertical panel and glued everything down.
- The washi tape is in Crumb Cake and the Basic Black banner was punched using the Banner Punch and added to the top, with a large Rhinestone Basic Jewel to adorn it.
- Given that the background DSP is all words, it highlights the sentiment so well. It's just hard to find the right words that will bring some kind of comfort in this situation.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the Stampin' Up! products used to make this card today!
Sneak Peek Products from the new 2015/16 Annual Catalogue, available June 2, 2015:
Neutrals Colour Collection Paper Stack