Well, I'm finally home safe and sound from a wonderful week in Northern BC, where the temperatures were in the mid 20s (that's in the 70s for my American friends)! I was there to celebrate my granddaughter's first birthday and here she is in all her dandelion glory! (Love her feisty streak!)
One of the first things I did when I got home was to unpack my goodies from my Stampin' Up! pre-order so I could make you some sneak peek cards using some of the new products from the 2015/16 Annual Catalogue! (Absolutely, one of the best perks of being a Stampin' Up! Demo! You get to see and order a full month ahead of the public.) And I needed a wedding card for a Sunday wedding we went to yesterday, so I quickly mounted and inked up my favourite stamp set from the pre-order selection, You've Got This! And I opened my new In Colour Ink Pads in Mint Macaron and Tip Top Taupe! And I cut up some new In Colour cardstock in the same colours and tried out some of the new In Colour Envelope Paper and some of the new In Colour Dotted Lace Trim. So here, in matrimonial tradition, is "Something Old and Something New" for Freshly Made Sketches:
- I love this soft colour combination of Tip Top Taupe and Mint Macaron. It's perfect for a wedding card!
- The "Something Old" is *Your Perfect Day stamp set where I got the sentiment on the outside, and one on the inside that I'll show you further down! Also old and retiring is the *Spring Flowers embossing folder which I used to emboss the lower panel of Tip Top Taupe. By the way, the layout for this card comes from the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #186 sketch:
- That beautiful striped Mint Macaron paper is from a new product in the up-coming Annual Catalogue called Envelope Paper. It is lighter weight than our regular DSP and when I used it with our Envelope Punch Board, it scored without cracking and folded so easily! It's perfect for making envelopes, but you can also use it on your projects, which I did!
- Take note of that lovely Mint Macaron Dotted Lace Trim! So delicate, and perfect for wedding, baby, vintage and almost anything else!
- The image panel is stamped with the new stamp set, You've Got This. My favourite thing about it is the almost full background stamp of cross-hatching! You know how much I like texture and this will be so useful for collage stamping and adding texture to backgrounds. I stamped off my Mint Macaron ink once before adding this to the background. Then I stamped the flower image in Tip Top Taupe! I punched out the image using the 2 1/2" Circle Punch and backed it with a Tip Top Taupe starburst, die cut using the retiring *Starburst Framelits.
Get Excited! Get Very Excited!!
I also now have copies of the new Annual Catalogue ready for distribution, so regular active customers can expect to see them soon. If you would like a copy free, call me and place a $50 order and I will see that you get one! See you tomorrow with another sneak peek!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the Stampin' Up! products used to make this card today!
Sneak Peek Products (Available June 2): You've Got This Stamp Set, In Colour Envelope Paper, Mint Macaron Classic Ink Pad and cardstock, Tip Top Taupe Classic Ink Pad and cardstock, Mint Macaron Dotted Lace Trim
*Retiring June 2