Wow! That week went quickly! It always does when I am scrambling to get ready to go to Convention! I leave on Monday, so there's swap cards and roomie gifts to make, regular blog posts to do, plus posts for when I am away to do ahead of time. (Don't worry, I'll share some of the fun we'll be having in Salt Lake City!) Friday means As You See It Challenges again and I absolutely LOVE Amanda's sketch this time! So many great elements! You've got to try it! It seemed perfect for the Awesomely Artistic stamp set again.
I decided to try the color swatch from Colour Throwdown this week, even though it seemed too bold at first for this sketch.
But as I looked at it more, I knew I could tone down the colour intensity a bit and play up the softness and sparkle. Did I succeed?
- Though the card base looks black here, it is actually Elegant Eggplant with a layer of Basic Black on top of it. Instead of intense Melon Mambo, which ended up looking red beside the Eggplant, I used Blushing Bride, which toned things down considerable! The background Designer Series Paper is from the Subtles Collection Designer Series Paper Stacks. Love that script!
- Part of the colour challenge at Colour Throwdown this week is to add some sparkle and I was quite happy to comply! A banner of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, flagged with the Triple Banner Punch adds part of the sparkle and I also embossed the dragonfly and the "button" in the bottom right with Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss Powder, to add some more!
- The polaroid film frame would have been so easy to do with my On Film Framelits, but since they just retired, I do not have them anymore. I made to with a rectangle of Basic Black cardstock and used one of my Square Framelits to cut out the opening. I then embossed the shape with the Tiny Triangles Embossing Folder to add some texture.
- I stamped the dragonfly twice, once in Elegant Eggplant and once more, offset slightly, in Blushing Bride. I stamped a third time in VersaMark, not worrying whether or not it was spot on, because it would catch one set of wings or another! I added Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat set it with the Heat Tool, before hand snipping around the images. I love the way it turned out.
- The Whisper White tag was a 2" wide piece of Whisper White punched with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. The image is from Awesomely Artistic, inked in Elegant Eggplant and stamped off once.
- The sentiment and it's frame are from Awesomely Artistic as well and the frame can be die cut with a framelit from the Project Life Cards &Labels Framelits.
I'm heading off early, early Monday morning for Salt Lake City, but I'll be in touch through email, facebook and my blog! Have a great weekend!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!Product List