Well, I think I spent too long at the computer yesterday, coming up with my summer schedule and sending out my newsletter. There's an awful lot of work involved with that, but I needed to send out my newsletter before the month was over! At the end of the day, I needed a project to share with you, and so I just got out one of my new favourite stamp sets, Awesomely Artistic, and went crazy! I was going to title this post after the name of the stamp set as I often do, but then I started laughing, realizing how egotistical that would sound, and changed the title!
Oh, and Happy Canada Day, everyone! If you missed my Canada Day card yesterday, you can see it here.
Before I show you the details of this card, please pop over to my Classes page and check out the Summer Offerings! I'm sure you'll find something that will be just right for you.
- I did go a bit crazy on this one, but, you know, I really enjoyed myself, so it was worth it! I love the Awesomely Artistic stamp set because it has so many different elements for collage stamping, shabby chic style like this, grunge or vintage looking projects. You don't have to always use so many of the elements together like I did!
- There was a lot of hand-cutting on this project, but that is something I find soothing, so it was a nice way to end my day yesterday! I cut the dragonflies, the leaves and the fern fronds, although next time I might be a bit more detailed on those if I had more time.
- The cardbase I turned into handstamped DSP using Crumb Cake and Sahara Sand Ink on the Crumb Cake cardstock.
- The dragonflies in the foreground were inked in Pool Party ink then tapped with an Island Indigo Stampin' Write Marker to add a bit of an iridescent look. We have a koi pond in our back yard, and one of my favourite relaxing things to do is to watch the dragonflies as they flit and hover over the water.
- The bow is the Sahara Sand Lace Trim and it's a bit of a fighter when you try to get it into a proper bow, but I finally wrestled it into partial submission anyway!
Don't forget to go on over to the Clearance Rack and look at all the great deals Stampin' Up! added yesterday! There are savings up to 60% off!
And just a reminder that all my retired products are available for sale with great savings for you:
Send me an email letting me know what you would like to purchase.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!