So, while I was down in Salt Lake City for Inspire Create Share 2015, I was able, as a convention attendee, to order a selection of products from the new Stampin' Up! 2015 Holiday Catalogue. Imagine my excitement when my order arrived on my doorstep Friday afternoon! I had very little time this weekend to play with my new goodies, but I wanted to create a card for you today with one of my favourite products from the Holiday Catalogue, the **Woodlands Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (or TIEF for short)! I decided to pair it with The Wilderness Awaits stamp set from the Annual Catalogue and give it a fall look with colours and textures, and I made the card a 6" square so that I could enter it in the latest challenge from The Paper Players:
Here's a closer look at the **Woodlands Embossing Folder:
This needs to be on your wish list! I have a hundred ideas for ways to use it and it is so versatile that it will work for many different seasons and occasions. It is one of the new 6" square folders so that you can emboss your paper in either landscape or portrait orientation and still have the trees going in the right direction.
- I wanted the background to be Whisper White, but it is very difficult to photograph so that you can see the embossing. In real life it is quite clear. You can show up the embossing a bit more if you sponge it with ink, but I really wanted the plain white background.
- I used the adorable fox from The Wilderness Awaits stamp set, stamped in Cajun Craze ink as the foreground and focal point, hand snipped and mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals.
- The Kraft corrugated cardstock, new this year, adds just the right amount of texture to the background, and I also used it, along with some Cajun Craze as one of the mattes for the little sentiment, also from The Wilderness Awaits. These panels were all die cut with the Tags and Labels Framelits.
- The thread is actually fibres from some Burlap Ribbon that I trimmed off the stitching on the side and unravelled. I love the texture you get from these.
- Another Sneak Peek is the **Into the Woods Elements, those adorable little wooden leaves, added with Glue Dots to the final project.
Want Your Own 2015 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue?
If you are a regular, active customer, your catalogue will be mailed out mid-August, in time for ordering starting September 1. If you have not been an active customer, but would like one, please email me with your address and I will see that you get one, as long as you live in Canada.
Sneak peeks will continue this week as I unpack more of my goodies. I may even make myself design a Christmas card although it seems like it's much too early! But tomorrow I will be showing you a card for a new baby!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!
**Products from the 2015 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue, available for order starting Sept. 1, 2015:
Woodlands Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and Into the Woods Elements.