Wow! Talk about challenging challenges! Amanda had an Assortment Challenge for us this week, but I found it quite difficult at first to figure out how to fit everything on there into one card. Check it out and see what you think:
Daunted at first, I persevered and came up with this different-looking card for you:
- Although this looks simple, it actually took a lot of finagling to complete it. Since Pool Party was the colour we were to include, I decided that my Ombre effect should be shades of blue. I used Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo and Pacific Point cardstock cut in decreasing widths, glued on top of each other to create the ombre look.
- For the negative space, I used the Little Letters Thinlits to die cut the word Happy through 3 layers of the cardstock. Since thinlits typically are able to cut 2 layers of cardstock, I had to cut everything twice and embed the thinlits in the already cut letters to get that last layer cut. They were not happy about doing that and we had a bit of a fight on our hands! But finally it was accomplished and the sunny yellow of Crushed Curry showed through!
- For the circle, I wanted to use the balloon stamps and matching framelits from Celebrate Today, but they were too big to fit on the page below the die cut word. I stamped one anyway, in Crushed Curry, with the birthday sentiment stamped in Bermuda Bay. I die cut it with the Balloon Framelit, then I took a smaller Circle Framelit and make it smaller so it would fit the card. I positioned the little ballon opening over top of the framelit so it wouldn't be cut off.
- The knot is one I tied in a double piece of Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine and adhered to the balloon with a Glue Dot. Using tiny dots of Liquid Multipurpose Glue, I fastened the string of the balloon to the page.
- Where the centers of the Ps and the A should have been, I used Island Indigo Candy Dots, adding some interest to the letters!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!