Did you notice this week's Weekly Deals? Did you notice that the amazing Remarkable You double stamp set was on sale for $30.75 instead of the regular price of $41.00?
Well, I thought I would show you just how remarkable Remarkable You is! It's got to be on everyone's wish list really! I used this card to enter the Color Throwdown colour challenge this week and Mojo Monday's sketch challenge.
There's just something about the sketchy (in a good way) look of the images from Remarkable You and I love the font of the sentiments as well. Take a look at what I did with them:
- I had to oversize the center circle on the sketch because of the size of the flower image, which meant I had to reduce the sizes of the side circles, but I like how it turned out.
- The colour palette from Color Throwdown is delicious! I could hardly wait to use it. I chose Daffodil Delight for the yellow and Old Olive for the green in the swatch.
- I stamped the image in our new Basic Black Archival Ink because I wanted to do a minimal amount of watercolouring with an Aqua painter, and the Archival Ink won't run with water based ink. I added just a hint of Daffodil Delight on the flower petals, keeping lots of white space. I added some Old Olive on the stem and leaves, and a tiny shadow of pale Tip Top Taupe.
- The background paper is from the Brights Designer Series Paper Stack.
- The sentiment is also stamped in the Basic Black Archival Ink and die cut using the Project Life Cards & Labels framelits.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!