I love that one of the Designer Series Paper sets in the new 2015 Holiday Catalogue has a black, white and gold palette! How cool is that? It's called Winter Wonderland, and it's certainly unconventional! But there are so many beautiful designs to choose from within the set! I chose a black paper with white snowflake designs, and decided to keep to the colour scheme of the paper and do a black and white Christmas card, with a tiny bit of gold thrown in! And I accomplished that using the Sleigh Ride Edgelits dies! So classy, but fun at the same time!
- Notice the narrow border of Gold Foil Sheets that I used. It doesn't give the gold star billing but it has a great supporting role!
- The snowflake on black design from the Winter Wonderland Designer Series is perfect for an evening sleigh ride, don't you think? It makes the sky so big and prominent, like it is when you're out late on a snowy evening!
- I used the Sleigh Ride edgelits on ever increasing lengths of Whisper White and Basic Black cardstock. I flipped the town edge over to have it in the right location for the other edgelits.
- The black edgelit was placed in the middle for contrast with the sleigh edgelit. You can see the layers quite plainly in real life, but the photo makes it harder to see the contrast that separates them.
- The sentiment, from the Jingle All the Way stamp set, is inked in Versamark Ink and embossed with Black Stampin' Emboss Powder, just to give it a little dimension. The stamp set and the edgelit dies are available together as a bundle so you can save 15%.
And it's Tuesday and time for another set of Weekly Deals:
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!