When I saw the pastel swatch for Colour Throwdown's Challenge this week, I literally gasped because it was so beautiful! I knew I needed to play it, and while I was at it, I threw in the sketch from Mojo Monday's challenge as well. Here are the two challenges:
Isn't that gorgeous? So pretty with the pastels, and I love the Inspiration Photo, too! I think maybe pumpkins should come in aqua and yellow, don't you?
And Julee Tilman has outdone herself again with this sketch for Mojo Monday Challenge #418.
- I thought the ideal Stampin' Up! colours would be Very Vanilla, So Saffron and Pool Party. I would have used Mint Macaron, but I thought it was too dark for this challenge.
- I got out the Timeless Love stamp set because I wanted to go floral and these images would fit on the smaller tag. It also has that great script for the sentiment.
- I stamped the florals in our Basic Black Archival ink which is great for watercolouring with our inks. I actually used Stampin' Write markers in the appropriate colours to colour in the images.
- The flowers I made using layers of the two colours of cardstock and the Pansy Punch, the Petite Petals Punch and the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack flower. I curved the petals a bit with my bone folder, then I used my Paper Piercing Tool to punch a hole through the middle of each stack and inserted a Candy Dot Brad Base with either a Pool Party or a So Saffron Candy Dot in each. The smallest flower used a Silver Mini Brad to secure it.
- Some White Baker's Twine adds a little interest at the top.
Thanks for checking out my blog today. I'll be back tomorrow with another As You See It Challenge!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!