As you read this, it's likely that I'm up and on my way to OnStage Local in Vancouver, Washington, that's if my hubby is feeling well enough to go with me. He has quite the cough! If I make it, I will be taking a look at the new Occasions Catalogue, which all demonstrators, whether or not they go to OnStage, will be able to see early on November 21st and preorder from starting Dec. 3. This is one of the huge benefits of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, but more on that later.
Amanda has another cute sketch over at As You See It Challenges this week that you're going to want to try out. I thought it was a great opportunity to get out my Winter Wonderland and Everyday Chic Designer Washi Tapes and my Delicate Ornament Thinlits, along with the Precision Base Plate and come up with a great interpretation of this design:
I love how the inside panel is offset and the long flags on it. I seem to be stuck in a black, white and gold mode, but I'm enjoying it. Hope you are, too!
- To make the ornament, I took a piece of plain Whisper White cardstock and covered it with strips of different washi tapes (Winter Wonderland and Everyday Chic). I took it to my Big Shot and made the following sandwich: Multipurpose Platform with both tabs closed, Precision Base Plate, paper with washi tape on, regular cutting pad. I ran that through the Big Shot and everything was hunky dory except for the strip of Black Glimmer Paper I had glued on between strips of washi tape, for a bit more contrast. (And to use up more leftover pieces of the Black Glimmer Paper before the end of the season!)
- The Glimmer Paper was quite a bit thicker than the washi tape and so didn't cut cleanly through. I would recommend not using it for this, but I didn't want to waste it all, so I was able to peel off some of the cardstock backing over this area, and then I could easily poke out all the little pieces of black!
- Don't you love the designs in the Winter Wonderland Designer Vellum stack? This particular design is so elegant and easy to adhere underneath the center panel where the adhesive can't be seen.
- I finally got to use some of my Gold Glitter Ribbon, which contributes to the overall glamour of the design.
Become a Papercraft Cat
Become a member of Stampin' Up! and my community, called the Papercraft Cats, with the purchase of the Stampin' Up! starter kit!
Our group is made up of hobby stampers and more business-minded stampers, and we welcome everyone! There are many perks to being part of Stampin' Up!
• Ongoing 20% discount on all of your orders, which becomes 25% once you achieve your first promotion to the Bronze Elite title
• Earn additional income eventually reaching 33% of your sales based on volume
• VIP access to new products and pre-order before they hit the streets
• Earn free stamps with various promotions
• Qualify for cash bonuses, product rewards, incentive trips, and more
• Receive Stampin' Success emails with great informative topics on a weekly basis.
Plus, as a part of our community - the Papercraft Cats - you get extra special perks! I am passionate about this group and helping you achieve your goals, from learning new stamping techniques to building a stamping empire! Here are just a few of the benefits:
• Monthly Team Meeting with stamping and sharing
• Free business training
• Team Facebook Group
• Team recognition and incentives throughout the year
• One-on-one training and career development for business-minded stampers
About the Starter Kit
The kit is a sweet deal - choose $155 of product for only $125 – NO tax, NO shipping!
To join my team, simply click on this link: Join My Team and follow the prompts! I'm excited to work with you to help you achieve your dreams!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!