Tuesday, January 12, 2016
My Top Ten Picks from the Stampin' Up! 2016 Occasions Catalogue
Well, the Occasions Catalogue has been out now for a week, and I thought it was high time to let you know, for what it's worth, which products are my favs! Yes, it's time once again for My Top Ten Picks!! I will list the ten products and let you know why they are my favourites, and hopefully, that will make it easier for you when choosing what to purchase from this amazing little volume.
1. Best Paper Stack: And the winner is: It's My Party Designer Series Paper Stack. (Click on the link to purchase!)
2. Best Designer Series Paper: This was a really hard choice because they are all lovely, but because of the soft colours and beautiful florals, the nod has to go to Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper.
3. Top Bundle: There are some absolutely wonderful bundles in this Occasions catalogue and it seems there are more than ever this year. That is great for you because it means you can save money. If you buy a bundle instead of each item in the bundle separately, you will save 15%. Bundles have different catalogue numbers than the individual items so make sure you use that when you order to get the savings.
But the bundle I like the best is (drum roll, please); The Rose Wonder Photopolymer Bundle.
The beautiful stamp set, the amazing dies including the rose outlines, leaf sprig and that great label all combine to make this a really versatile and creative tool.
4. The Best Ribbon: My upline calls it Mermaid Ribbon! It's so sparkly and such a beautiful colour! Pool Party like you've never seen it before! The award goes to the Pool Party 3/8" Glitter Ribbon, hands down!
5. Best New Tool: It's what we've all been waiting for! No more dryers sheets and piercing tools!!
It's the Big Shot Die Brush! Removes all the little bits of paper from those intricate dies and die cuts! Hallelujah!
6. Best Kit: The winner is a cute piece of home decor in the shape of a mini clipboard with interchangeable display pieces! Very cute! It's called Enjoy the Little Things!
7. The Best Stamp Set: I know this is pretty subjective, but because I love hummingbirds and starfish (my home is decorated with a beach cottage theme, with sea stars up the ying yang), I have to go with Picture Perfect, a two-step stamping set. Besides, I think it will work so well with other sets like By the Tide and From Land to Sea, as well as any Floral stamp sets.
8. Best Masculine Suite of Products: Cheating a bit here, just so I could get some more paper and stamps in the mix, but I truly love this whole product suite, and you know how I love to make masculine cards. It's the Going Global Stamp Set, the Going Places Designer Series Paper Stack and the World Traveler Embossing Folder! I know this will be worth your money because it would work so well with other sets such as Traveler, The Open Sea and Guy Greetings.
9. Best Sentiment Stamp Set: This was a toss up between two sets, Suite Sayings and Greatest Greetings. They are both really versatile, with Greatest Greetings having more stamps, but Suite Sayings has a variety of fonts and also coordinates with other products in the Occasions Catalogue, such as Designer Series Paper, so I singled out Suite Sayings as the best!
10. Best Embellishments: I know these have issues for mailing, but Shannon West from Stampin' Up! came up with a great solution for that problem, and they're just soooo cute - Honeycomb Embellishments.
And there you have it! What do you think? Do you agree or disagree? Which are your favourites?
And because it's Tuesday, there's a new slate of: