Let me just say that I have a terrible sense of direction. If I need to turn right, my first inclination is to turn left. Even when I'm in a familiar mall, if I go into a store, I'll need to get my bearings when I come out again or I'll go the wrong way. Unless I have studied a map and know the layout of a place, I am at high risk of getting lost. Therefore, I really am lost without my hubby! He has an innate sense of direction that I rely on! So this Going Global card would be perfect for me to give to him and he would know exactly what I mean by it! It's also a great all occasion greeting card for any guy. The sentiment could be changed to something more suiting for each situation, but the design would be pleasing to most guys, in my humble opinion.
For the layout, I chose the sketch from the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge this week.
Now, I've gone and done it again: turned a clean and simple sketch into a not so clean and simple project. I've also turned the sketch on it's side, so it's not a top contender to win the challenge, but the sketch was useful for my layout today.
- This card features heat embossing in my signature home-made pewter embossing powder! I simply mix Gold and Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder 1:1 and the result is a very pewter looking shine!
- For the compass, I stamped the image from the Going Global stamp set twice, once in Basic Black Archival ink and once in Versamark with the gold and silver mixture of Stampin' Emboss Powder, heat set with the Heat Tool. I punched out the black compass with the 2" Circle Punch and, using the Paper Snips, I cut out the compass hands and added them to the black compass with a dimensional and an Antique Brad - this one uniquely suited to a compass!
- The background paper is from the Typeset Specialty Designer Series Paper set and then I dry embossed a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock with the World Traveler Embossing Folder, sponging it with Soft Suede to bring up the texture and make it easier to see.
- The star image with the Big Dipper was stamped on a circle of Basic Black cardstock in Versamark and heat embossed with the same mixture of Gold and Silver. I trimmed it to fit in the corner.
- The sentiment is from Going Global and it's embossed and die cut with the banner framelit from Large Number Framelits.
Only 11 more days of Sale-A-Bration! Don't forget to get your orders in so you can earn those rewards! Typically, Sale-A-Bration rewards retire at the end of Sale-A-Bration and you never see them again! Don't be disappointed!
Thanks for stopping by. Let me know in the comments if you have a well-developed sense of direction or not! How do you manage to find your way around an unfamiliar place?
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today.