It's been a long time since I made a square card, but I decided to go for it today after seeing Mojo Monday's Sketch Challenge for a round or square card.
And in keeping with my plan to showcase retiring stamp sets and other retiring products, today I decided to use the Serene Silhouettes stamp set, another one of my favourites. One of the trees in the set reminds me of the African Plains and so I decided to do a sunset design kind of like these:
My colour palette is a striking one using Watermelon Wonder, Basic Gray and Whisper White.
Here it is:
- I love the look of all the layers in this design and I love the two colours and white look. Basic Gray just makes the Watermelon Wonder pop!
- It's another chance (Yay!) to use the gorgeous Watermelon Wonder Stitched Satin ribbon that is retiring soon.
- The image panel is actually Whisper White that was inked in Watermelon Wonder using a brayer and a mask for the sun. The current brayer is retiring in favour of a new design, but I really like the firm surface of the current ones and will be hanging on to the ones I have.
- I found that after doing the brayering, I could add some variety and interest using an Aqua Painter to remove some of the ink and draw it into the sun, looking like clouds!
- I stamped the image from Serene Silhouettes and the sentiments in Basic Gray Archival ink. Doesn't that tree look African to you? The sentiment is from the Petite Pairs stamp set, another retiree come June. I like how all the sentiments in the set come in pairs, which is also great for having an inside message. The sentiments are really varied, too, so that they cover a lot of different occasions.
- All the Scallop Circle punches will be retiring. I haven't used them a lot lately, but when I do, I remember why I have them all!! lol
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today.