Are you tired of Swirly Birds* yet? This bundle of products from the new Stampin' Up! 2016-17 Annual Catalogue is all over the internet. It's partly because it was one of only a few stamp sets we were allowed to preorder, but also because it makes such diverse and awesome cards. I can tell you that I'm having a blast with it.
I decided it would be perfect for Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #238 this week:
- The colours I used included two new In Colours, Dapper Denim* and Emerald Envy*. The other colour, besides Whisper White, is Mint Macaron. I think this combo is worth saving.
- I started by adding splatters with the image from this set, stamped once in each of the above colours, corralled in the lower right of the front panel.
- I added stamped swirls in each colour as you can see above. I love how cool those images are! I stamped some of the smaller swirls as well, one in Dapper Denim and two in Emerald Envy - one of them stamped off once. These were die cut with some framelits from the Swirly Scribbles Thinlit Dies* and two of them popped up with dimensionals.
- I die cut the medium sized swirl from the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits* from Emerald Envy cardstock*. I stamped the thanks from Cottage Greetings stamp set on Whisper White and die cut it with the Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits. I inserted one end through the die cut medium swirl and secured it on the back of the tag with dimensionals. The benefit of this is that you can give both the label and the swirl some vertical dimension and hold them in place together without needing to add glue or any other adhesive. (The little stamped flower on the tag is also from Swirly Birds.)
- Add some random Rhinestones and you're done. Do you think I managed a clean & simple design?
*New Products, available June 1st from the 2016-17 Annual Catalogue
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today.
*New Products used, available June 1st from the 2016-17 Annual Catalogue:
Swirly Bird Stamp Set*; Swirly Scribbles Thinlits*; Dapper Denim cardstock*; Emerald Envy cardstock*; Dapper Denim Classic Stampin' Pad*; Emerald Envy Classic Stampin' Pad*;