I really enjoyed my weekend away, celebrating my great-nephew's baptism with my sister and her family! We had a wonderful time. My other sister was there, and it's so rare that all three of us get together, that we made the most of this opportunity!
Here's me and my two sisters:
And here's the star of the show, Logan, with his mommy, Katie:
This is my other great-nephew, Randy, and it was my first time meeting him, as he lives quite a distance from us. Those angelic curls!!
I have to say that those two little boys were so well behaved and happy all afternoon and evening!
Finally, here is my sister's whole family:
All the way home, I was planning my card for today and I knew I wanted to play with the Color Throwdown Challenge this week:
Don't you love the crisp, nautical feel of those colours? I also used the Freshly Made Sketches challenge for the layout.
Now, that sketch leaves a lot of room for Artistic Expression!
Here's my card:
- In keeping with my theme this month, using products that will retire when the new Annual Catalogue comes out June 1, I am featuring The Open Sea stamp set today, along with the Naturals Chevron ribbon. I loved The Open Sea when it first came out a few years ago, and I'm thankful that I've had so long to play with it. It was always a go to when it came to making masculine cards.
- The Night of Navy, Crushed Curry and Whisper White really compliment this stamp set with their nautical look.
- The largest diameter circle behind the globe was punched out of Night of Navy cardstock using the 2 1/2" Circle Punch which is also retiring.
- I stamped the anchor in Crushed Curry and fussy cut it, mounting it with dimensionals (which need to be cut smaller to fit) on the card front.
- The sentiment is from the Going Global stamp set which will be retiring as well at the end of May. This has been fairly popular in the Occasions Catalogue, so you might want to order early to make sure you get one.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today.