As I write this post, I am sooo tired! Could it have anything to do with staying up late to figure out my first order from the new catalogue?? But it is done and on the way and in about a week, I will have so many amazing products to demonstrate for you! How many of you think that Stampin' Up! has outdone themselves with the new Annual Catalogue? I was able to get quite a few of the new stamps and tools with some incentive rewards I earned so I was excited about that.
But card designing today...not so much! Tiredness is the enemy of mojo for me. But I got out the Pop of Paradise stamp set again today and tried to come up with a card for the Global Design Project Challenge.
Not sure if I succeeded, but oh well! Too late to start over! I have a big class tonight.
- I think this is one of those cards that looks better from a distance. My DIY gold embossed Designer Series Paper looks pretty busy to me, but I liked the way those images embossed with the Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder. I actually stamped the images on one sheet of Whisper White and split it into two for the sketch.
- The background DSP* is from the Playful Palette Stack and the stamp set is Pop of Paradise and this blog post is brought to you by the letter P.
- I kind of love the pineapple image. I kinda love pineapple anyway. Whenever I'm served fruit salad, I always go for the pineapple first. The philodendron leaf reminds me of my first place after I left home. Decorating with plants and greenery was all the rage and the first plant I picked out was a tiny split leaf philodendron, and I was so proud that I kept it alive!
- The flamingo is really my namesake. When I was in Grade 12, my locker was right outside my biology teacher's door. Whenever he came out in the hall, I was usually standing on one leg, trying to get one of my snow boots off. Thus, I became "Flamingo" to him and everyone else in the school! I suppose there are worse things I could have been called. Here it's stamped in Flirty Flamingo with some touches of Basic Black from the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker.
- The sentiment banner is from the same set and it was also embossed in Gold, hand cut and mounted with dimensionals.
(*Designer Series Paper)
That's all for today, folks! I need to get set up for my class, and eat dinner, and maybe I can squeeze in a quick nap before everyone arrives! Thanks for dropping by.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today.
**While I'm waiting for my Layering Ovals Framelits, I using my old retired Ovals Collection Framelits.