It's been a long time since I've seen a stamp set and die bundle that has as many incarnations as the Thoughtful Branches Bundle. I could play with them for a long time and still not exhaust the possibilities. But time did run out on me and I wanted to give you one last design before they weren't available anymore, which will be the end of August. This idea I ran into on Pinterest, and, since yesterday my hubby remarked that "Today it feels like fall!", I thought a pumpkin would be an appropriate image. I've added the flourish from the Flourish Thinlits, because I think it works so well as a pumpkin vine, but otherwise it's all the Beautiful Branches Thinlit dies creating the pumpkin. Can you believe it?!
I also wanted to do a couple of challenges, so I went for the new Paper Player's Challenge for the Layout:
And I used the Fab Friday colour palette:
- The card base is Dapper Denim and I was going to use some of the Designer Series Paper Stack designs for Sweet Sugarplum, when I decided to make my own using the Paisleys & Posies stamp set* from the new Holiday Catalogue that you'll be able to order from starting on this Thursday, Sept.1! I added several of the photopolymer stamps to an E clear block and added some Sweet Sugarplum ink and started to fill up the page. Here's what it looked like before adding all the other elements:
*New Product from the 2016 Holiday Catalogue, available for purchase Sept. 1, 2016.
- I die cut two of the blossom die cuts, one in Peekaboo Peach and one in Flirty Flamingo, using the Precision Base Plate and the Big Shot Die Brush to get all the little bits of paper out of the die and the die cut. I layered the Peekaboo Peach over the Flirty Flamingo die cut, offsetting it a bit to create a warmer and darker appearing orange for the pumpkin base. The tree trunk die, cut in Emerald Envy works well as the stalk of the pumpkin, when turned upside down and glued behind the blossom die cuts.
- I also used the Precision Base to die cut the flourish from the Flourish Thinlits in Emerald Envy to use as the Pumpkin Vine.
- The sentiment is from Thoughtful Banners stamp set and is stamped in Dapper Denim and punched with the Classic Label Punch, then trimmed with Paper Snips right to the boundary of the label border. This makes it a bit smaller than the punched image, so I was able to punch a second Classic Label shape from Dapper Denim and mount the sentiment on that.
- Both the pumpkin and the sentiment are attached with Stampin' Dimensionals.
This past week, I had my three girls and their families home for various amounts of time, culminating in one glorious day where everyone managed to be in the same place at the same time!! I had all 6 grandbabies in the house at once, and while it was chaos, it was also wonderful and I can't tell you how much better I felt after lots of hugs, kisses and laughs! What a tonic! Wish I could bottle it! I'm so tired right now but it's a good tired, as I prepare for my next class tomorrow: my first Christmas Stamper's Dozen, which is full! Here are a few photos of the visit:
Snuggling my two granddaughters by Okanagan Lake! One is 2 and one is just 3 months old!
Me and my three daughters, each with her youngest child.
My hubby got in on this one plus one of my older grandsons, Kesten!
This is what happens when you try to take a family photo just before bedtime! Pandemonium! It was impossible. My oldest grandson, Parker, managed to cut his foot just before we started, my middle grandson, Wyatt, was having a wee meltdown, and Kesten decided to be mischievous. Gone are the days when you can just hold them still. We just had to laugh and chalk it up to the time of day!
After the kids were finally in bed, we played a hilarious home-made game of "Watch Yo Mouth"! I haven't laughed so hard in years!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today.