A large order came in yesterday and I had a great many thank you cards to make for my customers. I got out a package of Whisper White Note Cards and Envelopes and set out to make some fall themed thank yous. I had been looking at the Pals Paper Arts Challenge earlier on today and I thought it would make a great layout. Besides, it's been ages since I played with the Pals. Here's Susan Itell's great sketch:
This is a great way to use up scraps of Designer Series Paper, which, as you all know, is on sale all month at buy 3 packages, get 1 package free! I looked around for something to put in the shape at the bottom and decided to use a pumpkin, but since I was making 20 cards at once I wanted to use a brush mark stamp for the colour inside it so it would be quick and easy. Here's how it all came together:
- It's really hard to tell with the white on white background but the Woodgrain Embossing Folder has been used on the white panel mounted on the card base. Here's a bit better photo:
- I had a great time with the pumpkin image. It is from the Jar of Haunts stamp set and I stamped it and the stem with Memento Tuxedo Black ink over top of a brush mark from the Work of Art stamp set inked up with Pumpkin Pie.
- The little thank you sentiment is from Thoughtful Banners and it's the perfect font and size for this card.
- Then I dug out my Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamp set. There are some real hidden treasures in that stamp set. I was originally going to use the watercolour mark from it, but it was too large for the pumpkin. Instead, I decided to use the falling maple leaves in Cajun Craze and Real Red overlapping the pumpkin slightly and the splotch marks in Pear Pizzazz up where the stem and leaf is to add some green colouring. All in all, I'm very pleased at how it worked out.
- I used some scrap pieces of Petals & Paisleys Specialty Designer Series Paper cut into 1/2" strips for the background.
And since it's the weekend, how about a movie to enjoy? Got your popcorn by the fireplace? Here's Donna Griffith to tell you about the Here's to Cheers stamp set and Cheerful Tags Framelit Dies in the Holiday Catalogue:
Have a great weekend!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today.