As promised, here is the last set of tags for the Week of Tags. These are a little different because they are not done in traditional Christmas colours. The colours used are the palette of the Fancy Frost Suite from the Holiday Catalogue. (See pages 36-37)
Soft Sky, Sweet Sugarplum and Silver make up the glittery, frosty look of this suite and it was fun to work with, plus I got to use gobs of my 3/8" Glitter Ribbon Combo Pack of Silver and Sweet Sugarplum Glitter Ribbon!! I used a variety of paper and stamp sets including Merry Mice, Jar of Love and It's a Celebration, along with Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack, This Christmas Specialty DSP and Silver Glimmer Paper. Let's look at the tags separately and then the holder.
- The structure for this tag is very simple with a plain rectangle and the opening die from the Baker's Box Thinlits used for the ribbon hole at the top.
- I just stamped the fireworks from It's a Celebration on Whisper White with Sweet Sugarplum and Versamark and embossed with Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder as well as embossing the sentiment from Tin of Tags stamp set in silver.
- I added some Fancy Frost Sequins to spice it up.
- This little guy is so cute it's going to be hard to sell him. He's the caroling mouse from the Merry Mice stamp set, stamped in Archival Basic Black and coloured in using Sweet Sugarplum and Soft Sky Stampin' Write Markers.
- It's hard to see the background, but it's the music notes from This Christmas Specialty DSP, mounted on the Sweet Sugarplum tag, which is, in turn, mounted on a rectangle of Silver Glimmer paper for more width.
- The sentiment from Tin of Tags, is stamped in Soft Sky, die cut with one of the Stitched Shape Framelits and backed with a scallop circle from Layering Circle Framelits.
- The bow and ribbon are from the 3/8" Glitter Ribbon Combo pack.
- This was the most fun to make - a shaker tag using the Everyday Jar Framelits. I die cut a jar in the panel from Serene Scenery weathered wood in Soft Sky tones. I added some Window Sheet on the back and used some Foam Adhesive Strips to build it up around the opening and filled it with Fancy Frost Sequins.
- I stamped the jar on the Soft Sky tag base where it matches the hole in the DSP. The jar stamp is from Jar of Love stamp set. I added some Sweet Sugar Plum and embossed Silver foliage and embossed holly leaves from the Christmas Pines stamp set. I also stamped the sentiment at the bottom from Tin of Tags using Sweet Sugarplum ink.
- I peeled off the film from the top of the foam adhesive strips and matched up the image and the die cut hole - a tricky procedure without spilling the sequins! You have to lift it over your head so you can see it! When it's lined up properly, press it to seal it all around and then you can flip it over.
- To add ribbon at the top, I made a little tag topper piece from Sweet Sugarplum cardstock using the Scallop Tag Topper Punch. The Silver Metallic 1/8" Ribbon provided a sweet little bow on the jar and I die cut a lid to glue on as well from a Silver Foil Sheet.
You can see the tag holder in this photo. Made like the others, with the Baker's Box Thinlits, I covered this one with Blooms and Bliss Designer Series Paper.
Stampin' Up! is ready for Black Friday! We have a spectacular Online Extravaganza coming up next week with savings up to 40% off select products and there's quite a list of them. Come back here tomorrow and I will post a list of all the products that will be on sale and when! But get ready to order and save! You don't have to shop online, but as some products are only available while supplies last, it might be your best bet of getting a hold of them without having to wait for others. That being said, I will definitely be putting in a couple of orders during the week.
Today, I will be at George Pringle Elementary from about 1 pm to about 5:30 pm for their Annual George Pringle Elementary School Christmas Craft Show. The show actually goes until 8 pm, but my downline, Doreen Austgarder will be taking the evening shift from 5 pm on. So come and visit me or Doreen or both of us and support the school and find some great Christmas presents and shop small and local! There are 62 amazing vendors to shop with!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today.